• Members

I also like Britt.

That list of most nominated Emmy women- I would kill for Slezak to play a really ruthless, cunning woman for about a year or two on one of these shows.  Just give her a chance to play that intelligence I always felt she brought to Victoria except without the moral compass.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still would like the story of why they initially brought her back last year, only to have her sleep with Julian which never led anywhere, ended up writing her out after, what?, a couple of weeks, left the poor actress in limbo (if you followed her on Twitter, you know she didn't know whether they'd try to bring her back again) and THEN brought her back much later to much bigger effect.
Clearly they had a plan that changed abruptly but I am glad it worked out in the end.

• Members

NO LIES HERE lol. I agree completely. Kristina is irrelevant and not needed (a better actress would own the role and Kristina should be Sonny Jr. but they aren't interested and Ainsworth likely couldn't sell it). Donna was REALLY not needed. We all know they'll drag Morgan's ass back when they get bored. 

I think Donna was meant to give Sonny and Carly a new biological child that tied them together on the canvas and they wanted to name her after Donna that they lost behind the scenes. It was strange and not really needed. I get honoring her but Sonny and Carly did not need a kid. It's like a bad joke at this point and they know it lol.

This is what happens when babies are plot devices and you end up stuck with them. I miss when babies mattered. Not just a sweeps stunt or a lazy story idea that gives you an easy 9 months.

Ethan not being Robert's irritates me so much. It made more sense to have Ethan be Robert and Holly's, but nope. Had to prop Luke. It was stupid. I guess they still could say he's Robert's. In my mind he is LOL.

Also agreed, they should have given Jax and Brenda a kid to tie them together. I don't think Valentini has any interest in Brenda but who knows? I've given up the idea of her coming back anytime soon. But I guess we'll see where the Sonny amnesia stuff goes and if Carly and Sonny are finally imploded or not. They seem to be clinging to that pairing and it's not working. (They should have tried Sonny and Kim but they seemed afraid to go there, likely because Mo and Tamara have chemistry).

I feel like they keep itching to "go there" with Jax and Carly again but don't seem to want to pull the trigger.

This really is the perfect year to bring Brenda back. Just saying.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Kristina should be Lucky Santangelo who should be getting involved in her father's organization as a way to take back her control after being in Dawn Of Day. She should be challenging Jason stating she is Sonny's daughter meaning she should be the one to take over. But right now Kristina is a glorified legacy day player along with sister Molly. I would rather see the younger Davis sisters on canvas daily than Willow and Sasha. 

RE : Brenda 

Her goddaughter, along with her second family The Q's being revitalized at the moment too. She could definitely help shake up that house too if she decided to stay there on behest of Lois who is worried about Brookie and her grandchild. She also could be there to help her old friend Lucy with Deception. As well as her and Carly going at it but understands what she is going through with "losing" Sonny too. 

Though I wish they would recast Lois who would be all over her pregnant daughter despite her being an adult now. 

• Members

I actually like LA and thought she was good as a young Kristina, but she hasn't done anything of value in years.   They need to recast at this point with a stronger and more mature looking actress.  Lexi still looks about 16 and she's pushing 30 now.  Molly looks older than her.  The show needs an actress more believable to take on meaty material and she should be Sonny jr.  All of Sonny/Carly's kids are so nice and good.  So boring. 

I get why the show gave Sonny/Carly Donna, but they did nothing with it.  It would have been intriguing to see Sonny/Carly with a special needs daughter.  But she was fine almost immediately and not seen again. 

I can't believe they haven't brought Morgan back yet.  Was BC that big of a pain?  lol  I am sure they could find another Morgan if so.  He wasn't that good.  I still don't get why they didn't make Avery Morgan's child, because I think most of the Sonny/Carly/Ava stuff could have played the same or better with Avery being his grandkid vs. bio kid. 

It would have been awesome for Brenda to be the one who found Sonny, not Nina.  That story is another one that writes itself.  Brenda keeps him away from his family because he's finally the man she wants with amnesia, they fall in love again, only for Brenda to eventually tell him the truth and Sonny's torn between her and his family.  But, like you said, it does not seem like FV has any interest in the character, so I won't hold my breath.  Nina finding him isn't the worst, but it could have been a character that would have more impact overall.

I don't know why the show clings to Carson so hard.  I am sure they have a decent fanbase and it's nice to have a stable couple, but Carson was never designed to be an endgame, solid pairing. I think it comes down to MB's issues with chemistry in pairings.  LW's Carly has options because she tends to have chemistry with most of her pairings.  MB does not, so Carson basically gets to hold the show hostage with a lukewarm pairing.  

• Members

I will have to dissent on Sonny's kids.
I loathe Sonny with the heat of a thousand suns but I think it is good that shows are having babies made so that next generations are replenished with legacy characters - even if Sonny is crappy legacy.

You have got to think ahead and even if there is a glut at first sight, it might prove useful once some actors leave in the future etc that there is enough to keep the core going.

• Members

But if half the town is related to Sonny/Carly does it really help repopulate?  Jax has one kid after 25 years on the show.  Robert/Anna have 1 kid.  Holly has 0.  Duke has a random kid.  Brenda has a random kid.  Frisco/Felicia have 1 living child.  All Monica's kids are dead.  I guess Liz/Jason/Sam/Maxie/Lulu have a decent breed of kids, but spread the wealth on this.  Sonny has 6 kids that survived and Carly 4 (counting Morgan).   It becomes like Days where most of the cast is related.  Hell, Claire is related to everyone in town pretty much.

• Members

So am I. The current regime clearly does not know how to write for teens.

It practically writes itself: Cam goes to head to head with Carly, Joss takes offense and breaks off the friendship with Cam, Trina gets torn between her two friends. It's actual teen drama instead of just dealing with death 24/7

• Members

Brooklyn.....ENOUGH OF THE BELLY RUBBING!  Why do soap operas always think pregnant women rub their stomachs for 9 months?  Abby was rubbing hers when she wasn't even pregnant.  It's very annoying to me.

• Members

Are all the fans that couldn't stand Franko going to be subjected to weeks on end of these "moving moments"?  WL can sing, but does it have to be all but a "love song".  Was Franko his stepfather or his one true love?   It's already more mourning (Olivia blessing herself at the mention of his name-- Nope)

Did AJ get this much attention the last time he died?   Nope.

I'll be tuning in to Judge Judy if that's the case.