Y&R March 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

So is Sarah Locke a battered wife? Because the actress literally plays every scene no matter who is in it like she’s terrified for her life.

I don’t feel like she loves Rey at all. Between the writing and acting, they should’ve just annulled their marriage.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's how she plays it and I can't tell if it's intentional or bad acting lol. It could have worked to have him play a charming man and then slowly reveal his nature.

My biggest advice to JG would be: SHOW, DON'T TELL. He spent months having characters tell us this guy was Ruthless and sooooo scary. It's lazy writing. It's supposed to give him insta-vet status so we understand that he's Victor level because we were TOLD. Why not portray some nuances and let us decide for ourselves?

• Members

So let me get this straight, not a single character is going to mention the age difference between Sally and Jack? They all just hate Sally and that’s their only issue with it? 

This is so unrealistic. Are they trying not to hurt Bergman’s feelings or something?

• Members

That's the elephant in the room between Jack & Sally. As I said on Twitter yesterday Sally was a kid when Shemar Moore was hosting Soul Train. While Jack was a grown man when Soul Train premiered with Don Cornelius as the host. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Exactly.   How could it NOT be mentioned?   I was in the "vault" last night watching an episode from 1981 in which Kay Chancellor (age 53) was planning to marry Jerry Cashman (age 33).  She told Liz Foster, "He makes me HAPPY!"  Liz said, "Don't you think you could be happy with someone a little closer to your own age, Mrs. Chancellor?!"    But we're supposed to pretend not to notice that Jack Abbott is social security aged, and his little friend ain't.  

• Members

It's such a bizarre relationship in general. The whole relationship is them sitting in the coffee shop talking about something they just did and how cool it was.  They went ice skating, bought a car... oh, and once they opened the scene with lipstick on him so they must have kissed! Then she brought him a wrinkly sample shirt yesterday and he was excited, like he's not a millionaire executive....

• Members

“It’s embryo transplant day” is not a good way to start a soap episode. Sorry not interested. 

It would be wonderful if someone challenged Jack.  He can tell them that men of his means can date a young hottie. That would shut up Phyllis at least for a minute. 

is Rey dying? The last episode I watched he didn’t feel good and now he’s in the hospital.