Y&R March 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guess Kate Linder is still on some sort of contract that guarantees her some (very small) number of appearances per year.  Doug Davidson, on the other hand, is probably seen as an unnecessary expense, as he has to be paid per appearance.   He whines about it daily on twitter, lol.  

• Members

When Paul was on I wanted him to have a few scenes with Nate since he and his father Nathan were best friends and worked together as Private Investigators back in the day too. He could've be an unlikely ally of Nate when the whole Elena/Devon/Nate triangle first occurred. Also recalling how his father's affair with Keesha Monroe had affected everyone in his circle including Nate himself. 

• Members

I actually never minded that at all as I prefer it a lot to the Stafford-Braeden school of mangling-mumbling the lines.
I might actually be tempted to actually celebrate the over-enunciation if he is, as I hope and suspect, leaning into it in order to emphasize the yin-yang aspect of Victor-Jack and, maybe, troll Braeden's infamous garbled delivery of his lines
I am probably projecting too much into it but I like that interpretation of that acting choice.

• Members

Keith David would be a huge-get for this show. With this expansion of Television City hopefully we'll get better sets again. Though I wouldn't hold my breath. It's sad that YR has the worst sets out of the four remaining soaps. If you would've told me that five years ago I would've laughed. 

I take it Amanda/Hilary's bio family our supposed to be a mix of the Kennedy's, Obama's, and the Harrison's from Another World. 

• Members

if this show gives me Black wealthy powerful family that they write for as center and leading story on par with what they give Newmans, which ain't much these days but more than everybody else, I wouldn't care if they did business on a picnic blanket in chancellor park. Because as a long time viewer, it's something I've longed for yet NEVER had. Give it to me before the show goes dark! 

• Members

If they got Keith David, I would start watching this show again.

Don't kill him off though.

He can go on extended business trips or travels when the actor is otherwise engaged in other projects but I will be furious if they decide to kill off the character.

Although realistically, I am not sure they can afford David. He does a lot of voicework, in addition to a screen and stage career, so I am not sure about his availability and I don't think he is hurting for money (but the money issue is just my guess).

• Members

Hell, they could get Obba Babatundé from B&B. Although he doesn’t have that Joe Morton/Keith David don’t-eff-with-me money/power feeling. (He does a decent job of it on Dear White People, though.)

Edited by Faulkner