YR: You're Fired! Actor out ...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Abby is the only Abbott-Newman kid whose existence has some kind of meaning. She should be driving story. I always thought that MO's Abby would be much better in a vixen role, getting involved with a married man and ruining his family. Think Kimberly Simms during the Roger/Alex drama or a new -less fragile- version of Ashley with Victor and Nikki. 

I couldn't stand DG as Cane, but I could see Abby in a very dramatic affair with him during his marriage to Lily. 
It's a pity that Y&R has no idea what to do with the Chancellor mansion. Jill should be living there. Alone. 

• Members

Abby's character has no meaning or discernable character core other than 'stupid blonde.' Ordway is not capable of being a lead and has had endless failed stories. She should be written out for a minimum of five years. Just being Victor and Ashley's daughter is not an excuse anymore.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I wish they would've done the Mindy Sue Lewis inspired storyline a few years ago. Abby works best if they actually tap into her corporate side. By getting her out of owning restaurants like she is Lisa Miller Grimaldi from As The World Turns. Have her go back to Newman to contend with Victoria and Adam for the throne of the company. But we know JG rather have Victoria being her only employee. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

People are bamboozled by her bloodline. There is nothing there and there hasn't been since she was first SORASed. She has no personality beyond being a joke and every storyline she's ever had has ended in miserable failure. Melissa Ordway has the range and depth of a pet rock.

I know who fucked to give birth to Abby. I know how much potential she SHOULD have. It doesn't matter. She doesn't have it now. She's been onscreen for what, over a decade? And everything has been a disaster. The actor is bad. The character is nothing. Countless legacy characters in daytime (hello, Sarah Webber) have been deemed radioactive with far less airtime and exposure. There is nothing you can magically retool here on a dime. Abby needs to go away for a long time. Move on with your lives!

Edited by Vee

• Members

This!!! 

This!!! Nick has no purpose but to play video games with Phyllis and try to convince Sharon they need to be softer on Faith. Nick... that didn't work when you were parenting Cassie in the last year of her life. How about meeting Sharon halfway with Faith. And Nikki is Miss Ellie from Dallas now. 

• Members

That, I most definitely agree with. Perhaps when one of the Phillip Chancellors come to visit, they stay with her. Maybe even Nina.

The show can have a long-running gag that Jill always invites Nina to stay at the Chancellor mansion when ever she's in town. Then they start bickering over some minor quibble, (or a larger issue-could be Chance, e.g.) leading Jill to complain that she doesn't know why she keeps inviting Nina back, leading Nina to chide Jill about them being family. Jill rolls her eyes, knowing, deep down, that Nina is right.

She could even look up at Katherine's portrait/picture, convinced that the old dame is laughing at her, and gives some response like "she is not like me, and I am not like you!"

Edited by DramatistDreamer