YR: You're Fired! Actor out ...

• Members

Yep. His firing does make make me think of all the closeted MAGA supporters which is a shame. Every time there’s a social/racial call for justice I’m mildly hopeful that one of them will tweet something in support and they give nada. EB and to a lesser extent CLB have always been vocal but the rest like Scott, Walton, Bergman, Morrow, Case... crickets.

At any rate, I wouldn’t mind Jacob Young in the role of Chance. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Sharon case is for sure. She hangs out with Lauren Woodland who is an obvious Trumper. Amelia Hienle definitely is and I’m sure there are more. Honestly, I don’t have expectations for actors or entertainers to be an ally or to support a cause. I watch soaps, well if I do, for the entertainment not the activism. 

Edited by Soap-princess

• Members

I don't follow these actors on IG so I wouldn't know who is "obvious" or not it's just a gut feeling about Case and the like. Before social media became mainstream it was really easy to fall into the trap of thinking these actors were synonymous with their characters and social media just ripped the illusion right off. DB was problematic because he was so vocal. If he had kept his MAGA love under wraps the public wouldn't have known and his job would be safe.  A lot of these actors are all over social media and when it really matters they don't have ish to say. I don't expect them to but it says a whole lot about them when they remain silent. I'll never forget when Aaaron Spears was tweeting up a storm during the height of the BLM movement and tried to use that opportunity to gain traction for his character and he was practically on an island by himself.  Literally no one on the BB cast offered support. 

• Members

If I were asked to make a case I might guess one or two of those are Republicans (I wouldn't have guessed Case on my own but based on above info and Scientology... can believe it) but here is the thing: I think a lot of actors just don't want to get involved in politics publicly. It doesn't mean they are one side or another but they don't find it appropriate to discuss stuff outside of their work because it distracts from their show and that's their professional ethics.
I strongly suspect that's the case for Bergman and Walton in particular. They are old-school and very few actors of the old school appreciate the kind of outspokenness of a E. Braeden.

A lot of activists seem to think that if you don't scream support from the rooftop, it means you are "against them" but that's not the case. There are plenty - and I mean plenty - of committed liberals who are not comfortable with the kind of performative virtue signalling of hashtags and support tweeting but that are completely supportive and on-board with the substance of the protests/votes/policies. People have different ways of being supportive so I don't think social media silence can be taken as necessarily a sign of anything.

• Members

I agree, that targeting cast members for what they don't say is a dangerous precedent. I'm as solidly liberal as they come, but I disagree, with drawing up names of cast members who didn't post a tweet in support of something, and then using that as a barometer that they are a Trumpist. Go after the ones who vocally proclaim misogynistic, racist, and homophobic agendas. 

Edited by Skin

• Members

She's proven she's CAN'T. The constant string of romances is tired (she works best in corporate settings or being bitchy so I see why some see 'potential' ... I perked up with Sally writing her and Victoria better).

She's a supporting actress in what SHOULD BE a lead role (like Amelia Heinle). And on the flip side of that, Heather Tom is a lead actress currently playing a supporting role. Make it all make sense! LOL

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Her delivery is so stilted, Abby comes across as a snotty so-and-so even when she's being nice. Abby and Victoria are so bad now that Lily seems warm and genial. The bitchiness is over the top and cheap. Y&R comes across more like a '90s talk show or post-1993 Roseanne than Dynasty.