Days: January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm not attached to Charlie OR to Mike Manning, but I do feel his arc has been rushed even under these circumstances.  As @KMan101 has mentioned (either in this thread, or elsewhere), Charlie is introduced in October, and by December, he's full-on psycho?  I think that's too fast even for a short-term villain (which is a kind of villain I don't like in general on soaps, but that's probably beside the point).  And because viewers do seem to like MM, it now appears as if Ron Carlivati has once again written himself into a corner.  

@LondonScribe It's a combination of everything you stated. But i do thing Mike Manning is talent. It does help that his HOT. I enjoyed Charlie as a sweet somewhat nerdy kid. Since Charlie is now a nut. I hope his gone. Once the story ends. Don't want to see him get the Ben Weston treatment. But this being crazy ass Days.  His crimes will be whitewashed. Hell! Ron might even have Allie fall for her rapist. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

For me, I guess it's a little bit of everything. I do often feel that every time DAYS brings in a new character that isn't part of one of the core families, there is a lot of potential with that character. I felt the same away about Orpheus' kids. 

With Mike Manning, we all knew Charlie was going to end up being the rapist, but honestly in those two episodes where it all came out, he blew me away. He played it amazingly. And that's what annoys me the most. Such a great actor is going to be wasted. And yes, I do find him really hot, but I'm sure I'd feel the same way about the actor being wasted even if I wasn't attracted to him.

Nah. Ava's going to be the one to get the Ben treatment this time. It's Ron's Guide to Redemption: If you're a soap diva, or a (straight) soap hunk, you'll be redeemed.

• Members

I'm nearly all caught up on DAYS y'all! And again, this whole issue of characters stuck in romantic limbo is obnoxious. I'm sorry Greg Vaughan opted to leave the show, but unless they break up Nicole/Eric, Arianne Zuker can be rested. But of course, does anyone on DAYS ever really leave anymore? Clearly, they're waiting for Vaughan to return one day. 

Brady and Kristen's jail scenes are pure fast-forward material. Another couple in endless limbo. 

Rafe... why are you back? Sulking over Hope with Roman and Abe is not a story. 

... until they find out Mike Manning is friends with Alan Locher (see the GL thread) and then they'll turn on him 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Only on Days would a psycho rapist be redeemed by being kidnapped by their equally psycho rapist child. 

The Jen and Kate scenes were so nice. It’s rare we get to see Kate’s vulnerability and like @KMan101 said, LK really knocked it out of the park.

Well Gwen’s house of lies is finally coming crashing down. I keep waiting for her to yell out “I’M YOUR DAUGHTER!”

Nu-Claire and Allie scenes are instant fast forward.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I'd laugh, if it weren't so damn true.

I'm always drawn to couples whose relationships write themselves.  But, with Sami/Alison Sweeney's couplings...?  Whether it's with the Austins (Austin Peck or Patrick Muldoon), or BD/Lucas, or Matt Cedeno/Brandon, or James Scott/E.J., or even the blandly handsome "actors" Sweeney's always paired with on those godawful Hallmark Channel movies of hers, I feel as if too much effort has to go into making him "pop" with her, or else he runs the risk of fading into the metaphorical woodwork.

As Sami, Sweeney's at her best when she's stealing Carrie's bf or blaming John yet again for her parents' breakup.  Otherwise, as a viewer, I've no use for the gal.