Days: January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Gwen is so Jack’s daughter 

Please register in order to view this content

Kate and Jenn scenes were nice. Kate and Jake’s scenes were even better as I thought they were character driven and quite honest. I wish I could have faith in DAYS to actually commit to such a pairing. 

Edited by MichaelGL

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Brandon Barash looked so hot today. Charlie is delusional. He really has lost all reality. Chad is so dumb! Billy Flynn acting choices with his scenes with Abigail were odd. He's done it before. He laughs/smiles during serious moments in scenes.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I must be in the minority about Brandon Barash. He always comes off as sleazy and greasy. I guess he's adequately portraying a dirty mechanic. I dunno.

The thing about Billy Flynn (and this is the same thing I've noticed about Y&R's Joshua Morrow, but to a lesser degree) is that something about his acting showcases the fact that he, as an actor, knows his character is being manipulated and lied to. I just don't believe the words and the anger (not to mention the smirks and nearly breaking character and laughing, it seems) his character is spewing because we can see that he actually knows what's going on. It's hard to explain... do you get what I mean? 

Claire being heavily frontburnered reminds me of when GL recast Michelle Bauer with Joie Lenz (at least, that was her name at the time. It's changed like four times since). I get that they had story planned for the character, but considering she's a new face, they should've eased up on so much airtime. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I agree that Billy Flynn is the real weak link in this storyline, You know that saying about how 90% of acting is reacting? In his silent reaction shots, he often looks checked out, like he's just waiting for the turn to speak his line. 

But the women are really bringing it. Both Marci Miller and Emily O'Brien were on fire today. 

• Members

Ok not for nothing, but Chad should just lock Gwen’s ass down in the secret tunnels instead of allowing himself to be blackmailed by her. 

Now that you mention it, they could possibly be doing that to establish similarities between him and Kate. They both put on like a sleazy and selfish persona, but deep down they’re actually vulnerable people who just want to be loved.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Billy Flynn's acting isn't the best but he's been poorly written under each head writer. But Ron, in particular, hasn't known how to write for the character.

Ron writes plot, not character and Corday wouldn't recognize a good character based long story if it knocked him on the head. He was corrupted by James E. Reilly and there's no going back. Ken has green lighted so many terrible plots and overseen the ruination of so many legacy and promising characters.  He allowed Griffith to ruin Hope with the Stefano murder.  Charlie and the actor were very promising but of course Ron went for the short term plot cliff hangers and ruined a young fresh face who can act.  

• Members

It won’t happen because it’s too easy to sensationalize as a romance-novel convention, and they have no pressure to change, but a daytime reckoning on rape is loooong overdue. The comedic, cartoonish way DAYS has handled this story is actually embarrassing. It’s sad that the advancements in soap portrayals of sexual assault in the late ‘80s/early ‘90s (especially after ATWT’s Margo unflinching story) didn’t have any long-term impact.

• Members

Gotta tell ya, there's nothing I hate more than an arrogant "reformed" serial killer.

That is the one thing I always hated. If Ben had to be redeemed/reformed, okay, I can accept that. Ron's loves to redeem the irredeemable. But does the son of a bitch have to be so arrogant?? He was insufferable today. He's getting like Franco on GH now. Luckily, I do think Rob Wilson is a better actor than Howarth. But it's still annoying, and this is coming from someone who thinks the show is in a good place right now. And where the hell was Tripp? He really needed to be the hero in this storyline

And I'm sure that by this time next year, Kayla and Ava will be bffs.

• Members

Oh god we had smug Super Hero Serial Killer today

Please register in order to view this content

. Can’t Ben just leave town now and go find himself. His character serves no purpose and I can’t imagine anyone wants to see him with nu-Claire. Honestly I don’t want to see nu-Claire with anyone or even see nu-Claire at all.

I love that the Salem brain jumped from

Anna to John.

• Members

You skipped a step: Abby had the Salem brain for a day when she finally figured out that Gwen is not her friend.

Totally agreed about Ben and nu-Claire being the show's weak links. That material just didn't work at all for me, and I thought there was something creepy and sexist about the way the show kept trying to build suspense with those bedroom scenes. Frankly, I think they would have been better off to just briefly show Claire and Charlie having good sex, but then Claire later feeling regret and anger once she learned she'd slept with her cousin's rapist. 

• Members

You know I agree with you completely about nu-Claire. I haven’t liked that actress for one second, mostly because she’s not Claire — she’s a different character. Even when I complain about the actress, I never feel like I’m watching Claire.

And the plan is to pair her with Ben? Sorry, but that’s making a bad situation even worse. I can’t think of anyone I’d rather see Ben with LESS than nu-Claire.