Soap Stars in Everything but Soaps

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wish Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker had made a Towering Inferno parody...I could so imagine Susan Flannery’s character doing a triple backflip out the window to circus music, with a slide whistle marking her plunge. 

Josh Ryan Evans had a short term recurring role on 7th Heaven:

I was trying to find clips of John Ingle as the school principal in Heathers but can’t find them now, he was hilarious in that.

• Members

You could always tell Lucci loved doing  those TV movies. Playing Erica Kane is amazing, but I’m sure she loved the break to play other characters. 

I am sure most are grateful for the check, but I am also sure it can be creatively stifling for a lot of soap actors who are locked into their soap roles for a long time without the chance of getting to play other roles. Not everyone is a Lucci, Braeden, or Deidre Hall and lucky enough to get those stead non-daytime roles at the height of their soap careers.

• Members

Her best ones, IMO, were "The Bride in Black" (a rare opportunity to see SL in a story penned by Claire Labine), "Lady Mobster" and "Mafia Princess."  The storytelling in all three was very strong.

"The Woman Who Sinned" was...okay; good, in a campy sort of way.  Same goes for "French Silk."  "Double Edge," however, was soooooo lethargic.

Truly, what makes her TV movies so special is the fact that she can display chemistry with so many men: not just all the men she was paired with on AMC, but also David Soul, Roscoe Born, Lee Horsley, Robert Urich, etc.  In fact, I still get chills when I think about when she co-hosted the Daytime Emmys with Drake Hogestyn (John, DAYS).  It's insane those two have never worked together anywhere else.

Edited by Khan