Soap Stars in Everything but Soaps

• Members

@DramatistDreamer's status update about spotting Tonya Pinkins in the 80s film Beat Street inspired me to create this thread, where we could possibly share it when we come across our favorite soap stars appearing in other TV shows and movies. Kinda like the "Where Are They Now?" thread except exclusively focused on past performances that might have happened before/during their time on soaps (or after).

To start us off, here is the clip featuring Tonya.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"Just Pants" was also PASSIONS' costume designer's single instruction on how to dress the men. 

Please register in order to view this content

Before she saved the world from Mikkos Cassadine's weather machine, she was a nasty teen who gave America's Favorite Tomboy, Kristy McNichol, a hard-ass time on "Family".

Edited by Khan

• Members

It was a trial run for the [!@#$%^&*] Dee would have to play decades later on DAYS.

Speaking of Reefer Woman and Coke Spoon Girl, pay close (but not TOO close) attention to the future soap legend playing Cleopatra in this episode.  (God, I hope that's not how Jane Elliot runs IRL.)

ETA: Oh, snap.  Did Pharaoh (aka Peter Mark Richman, ex-C.C., SB) really break out the hourglass in that one scene there?  LMAO!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I wanna play! Alas, no visual, but here's Lisa Brown in the OBC of THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS.

Kristian Alfanso made the primetime rounds between her DAYS runs. For example, this episode of Full House where I think she's basically playing a proto-Aunt Becky (young lady reporter, sexual tension with Jesse).

• Members

All of a sudden this phone seems incapable of embedding a YT video in a post and I'm annoyed.

Also, out of curiosity, I typed in Beat Street in Twitter and am shocked at how many people insist that it is a Christmas movie and watch it almost every year.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

A decade and some change after Jenny Garner Nelson died via jet skis on All My Children Kim Delaney as Det. Diane Russell from NYPD Blue. One of the scenes from the one of the two episodes she was nominated and ultimately won her Emmy for Supporting Actress In A Drama Series in 1997.