Y&R October 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

2 upsetting examples, when theo was said to have had a connection to the "Famous" Brooks family all they did was show Traci telling Jack that she spoke with the sisters to get some picture or something faxed to them and that's all the mention of Brooks we hear. What the hell is that?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

From what I hear often when people discuss JG's writing THAT would be him 'telling, and not showing' us. 

What was the point of connecting Theo to the Brooks if they were not going to use them or bring on more from the first family on Y&R

• Members

After the treatment Janice received when she made her first return, I'm not surprised she refused the offer.

I guess I should have said Leslie not Janice.

I was  referring to the fact that Leslie was treated as a glorified extra in her return.

There could have been some flashbacks and Lorie and Leslie discussing their past and what has happened since then but they were wheeled out for some scenes with Jill and that was it.

I guess Janice was burned by that and didn't want more of the same.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

The thing is, it's so easy to bring back the Brookses and Fosters (through Chuckie, through Brooks Prentiss, through Chris and Snapper's kids) without having to resort to crap like Theo's instant connection to the family.

• Members

Wow i didnt know she was asked last year to come back, i do know the actress who plays Lorie was suppose to be attending victors 40th in Feb, but she had to decline because she was on a trip.

If they can suddenly make a nobody like Theo apart of the Brooks family then they can definitely bring on the those options you just listed.

Do you know what month they asked her to come back cause didn't Theo find out just October or november last year?

When they cane back in 2018 they had them rehash some old storyline about Stuart brooks almost dying, i felt like that was pointless in this visit they could have had them gradually bump into Jill and hash that out, but no they wasted it all on that!!

They could have went to the hospital to see how Victor was or maybe talk with jack or Ashley they just didnt do it right.

• Members

This. They’re not only incredibly beautiful, but they are all successful, occupy high-level professions and have charismatic on-screen presence, but my God, the writing for them is so bad. 

At this point, I don’t even think Susan Dansby’s story consultancy is going to do much to galvanise things. She was traditionally quite good at writing (in general, but especially) for the Winters family.

• Members

Ive been saying this for years. You’ve had Restless Style and GC Buzz and never thought to bring back a member of the Brooks family when that was their business? Hell, Nina cams back and they didn’t even utilize her for Restless Style. Leanna Love is another that made sense for media stories. I always felt Steve Burton should’ve been Brooks. All of these reasons is why I don’t like the Theo twist. At the very least they could’ve made him Brooks’ son. This twist of a dead Abbott/Brooks sibling adds nothing to the show dramatically and that’s the problem with the show. In general they have good ideas or potential, but it’s like they look at the route that has the least amount of drama and go for it.