Jump to content

Bold and Beautiful August 2020 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Thomas and Fin had more sexual chemistry in their brief, socially distanced interaction than any couple tgis show is trying to make happen at the moment. Vinny better keep an eye on his man. LOL!

 

If Brad Bell wants to drum up some publicity and do a half way decent story that's progressive and L.A., why not make Fine bi and make a Steffy/Fin/Thomas triangle happen. I'd actually enjoy that story most for the Steffy/Thomas rivalry part of it. And the scandal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, crc said:

Thomas and Fin had more sexual chemistry in their brief, socially distanced interaction than any couple tgis show is trying to make happen at the moment. Vinny better keep an eye on his man. LOL!

 

If Brad Bell wants to drum up some publicity and do a half way decent story that's progressive and L.A., why not make Fine bi and make a Steffy/Fin/Thomas triangle happen. I'd actually enjoy that story most for the Steffy/Thomas rivalry part of it. And the scandal.

 

I'm afraid Brad Bell is not clever enough to think of something like this. We will have the same stupid Hope/Liam/Steffy/Finn quadrangle... or maybe Wyatt/Flo when Brad will be fed up with how saccharine these two can be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crc said:

Thomas and Fin had more sexual chemistry in their brief, socially distanced interaction than any couple tgis show is trying to make happen at the moment. Vinny better keep an eye on his man. LOL!

 

If Brad Bell wants to drum up some publicity and do a half way decent story that's progressive and L.A., why not make Fine bi and make a Steffy/Fin/Thomas triangle happen. I'd actually enjoy that story most for the Steffy/Thomas rivalry part of it. And the scandal.

That would be good! Too bad It won’t happen!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crc said:

If Brad Bell wants to drum up some publicity and do a half way decent story that's progressive and L.A., why not make Fine bi and make a Steffy/Fin/Thomas triangle happen. I'd actually enjoy that story most for the Steffy/Thomas rivalry part of it. And the scandal.

 

Just a thought, but I've always coughed up Brad Bell's lack of progressive creativity and misogynistic writing due to the fact he's also writing for international audiences in countries unfortunately aren't nearly as progressive as North America and he doesn't want to do anything to alienate that audience because face it, without them, B&B wouldn't really have any legs to stand on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric needs to shave and stop championing Brooke and Ridge. He should be repulsed by her!

Liam needs to mind his own business.

Oh Lort with the Brooke and Bill flashbacks.

Why is it taking so long for Ridge to get the papers to Shauna?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On one hand, it does sound A LITTLE like one of those psychological stories that Bill Bell would have done in the 70s. 

 

On the other hand, I wonder if this all just an extremely stupid way to raise ratings. Because people are bound to watch just to see how ridiculous it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

 

Just a thought, but I've always coughed up Brad Bell's lack of progressive creativity and misogynistic writing due to the fact he's also writing for international audiences in countries unfortunately aren't nearly as progressive as North America and he doesn't want to do anything to alienate that audience because face it, without them, B&B wouldn't really have any legs to stand on.

 

I don't think that's it. Most countries it airs in are just as progressive as/more progressive than the USA. I think it's because Brad Bell is just not very progressive himself and he doesn't really care about pushing the boundaries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Markjeh said:

 

 

I don't think that's it. Most countries it airs in are just as progressive as/more progressive than the USA. I think it's because Brad Bell is just not very progressive himself and he doesn't really care about pushing the boundaries.

 

He was given this show because of his last name, not because he has any skill.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 10:29 PM, Markjeh said:

 

 

I don't think that's it. Most countries it airs in are just as progressive as/more progressive than the USA. I think it's because Brad Bell is just not very progressive himself and he doesn't really care about pushing the boundaries.


Which countries are you talking about ? The show airs in Europe and soaps here are way more progressive than anything the US soaps have been in years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 9:29 PM, Markjeh said:

 

 

I don't think that's it. Most countries it airs in are just as progressive as/more progressive than the USA. I think it's because Brad Bell is just not very progressive himself and he doesn't really care about pushing the boundaries.

 

8 minutes ago, FrenchFan said:


Which countries are you talking about ? The show airs in Europe and soaps here are way more progressive than anything the US soaps have been in years. 

Yes, I was just going to make the same comment. The US is definitely less progressive than most of Western, Central and Northern Europe. It also doesn't help that US soaps are less progressive than the majority of primetime, cable and streaming offerings from the US. These poor soaps must seem so bland and generic to most international viewers as they do to most American viewers.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 6:34 AM, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

Just a thought, but I've always coughed up Brad Bell's lack of progressive creativity and misogynistic writing due to the fact he's also writing for international audiences in countries unfortunately aren't nearly as progressive as North America and he doesn't want to do anything to alienate that audience because face it, without them, B&B wouldn't really have any legs to stand on.

 

The only religious/conservative countries I can think of where B&B was exported to are Israel, Egypt, Turkey, India. I don't know if B&B was exported anywhere else in the Middle East or South Asia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 6:23 PM, GLATWT88 said:

 

Yes, I was just going to make the same comment. The US is definitely less progressive than most of Western, Central and Northern Europe. It also doesn't help that US soaps are less progressive than the majority of primetime, cable and streaming offerings from the US. These poor soaps must seem so bland and generic to most international viewers as they do to most American viewers.  

 

Ahh, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers haha. But I guess my thoughts come from mainly personal anecdotes rather than factual evidence as someone from a third-world country background where we have soaps that are very similar akin to telenovelas where the most popular and successful ones have writing that is generally formulaic and misogynistic (i.e. the good girl vs the bad girl and they're fighting over a man). I hope that makes sense? Haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2020 at 12:25 AM, kalbir said:

 

The only religious/conservative countries I can think of where B&B was exported to are Israel, Egypt, Turkey, India. I don't know if B&B was exported anywhere else in the Middle East or South Asia.

 

Apparently, the show also aired in Iran for a brief time (in 2009 according to wikipedia). It was also broadcast in Morocco, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and a few Sub-Saharan African countries. I know that the show was censored in Egypt (they cut scenes where people showed to much skin and even altered the opening credits to remove the pictures of the models), but the audience in these countries isn't stupid and they would notice bad writing as well. Soaps are very popular in Turkey and the Arab world (similar to telenovelas in South America).

Edited by Huntress
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.