• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Kyle Rittenhouse trial has got me all riled up today.  The judge is awful, from only allowing the victims to be called "rioters or looters" to disallowing testimony that Kyle said on his twitter the week prior when he saw the protests on TV that he wished he had a gun to shoot "those people." 

Then, they completely shame one of the victims because he had been hospitalized for bipolar disorder (as if his mental illness made him a threat against a guy with a rifle).  Meanwhile, Kyle was home schooled because he could not cope with his peers in public school, but that is disallowed from testimony.

The defense portrayed him as a lifeguard there to provide emergency medical care, but on cross examination it comes out that he was only a security guard at a YMCA pool for 20 hours, had no EMS training, and offered no care to those he shot. 

It is such a disgusting display of how privilege and social media bravado warped this guy's morals to the point the he felt it was within his rights to travel 30 minutes (with no driver's license) to kill three men because they supported a different set of political beliefs. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

The problem is that a mistrial would be used by the defense as a motion for acquittal.  The citizens of Kenosha need to remember the misdeeds of this judge and vote him out.

The judge in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, Bruce Schroeder, has repeatedly clashed with the prosecutor, raising his voice and at one point telling him "I don’t believe you."

• Members

From the Atlanta Journal

This week at Kyle Rittenhouse's trial, Judge Schroeder: - Told court to applaud a defense witness for being a veteran - Rejected video of Rittenhouse shooting victim, claiming zoom may distort image - Forgot to silence his phone; song used at Trump rallies played as his ringtone

The defense showed a video in the courtroom today of one of the victims provoking the armed militia of Rittenhouse's gang asking them to shoot him.  My response was if the guy is asking to be shot, how could he be seen as a deadly threat requiring response by Rittenhouse with a rifle in order protect himself?  Then, the defense tried to show that it all happened quickly, but Rittenhouse had 30 minutes when he drove to Kenosha, and hours while he watched the protest, to plan how to protect himself by not getting involved.  And regardless of the speed of the incident, Rittenhouse was able to shoot three people all at close range in under four minutes, one of whom had his hands up demonstrating he was not a threat.

I am terrible at predicting these things, but I don't think the acquittal will bring new protests, because people assume injustice in these types of cases.  But, the post-acquittal interviews on non-minority concerned media outlets will cause a cultural uproar that will result in little to no change in gun laws or judicial oversight

Edited by j swift

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...