2020 Daytime Emmy Nominees Announced

• Members

Do wish Maura West or Ari Zucker won Best Actress, I would've tied them.  I agree with Soapsuds, I am sick of Heather Tom being nominated and winning.  You'd think she'd take her name from the running.   She did look pretty though, and I do like her acting.     I would've picked Jon Lindstrom for Best Actor.  But I do agree Jason Thompson has done a great job as Billy, even though a lot of the writing in the last year for Billy has really sucked.  Tamara Braun was a good pick for Supporting, although I was rooting for Susan Seaforth Hayes.   I was pleasantly surprised that Bryton James won, I would've chose someone else though. I think Olivia Rose Keegan did great last year as Claire Brady going pyro mentally ill, glad she won.  I do think DAYS should've won Best Drama.  GH submitting "The Chriistma Carol" episodes was very dumb imho.  I also think Y&R milked the Kristoff St. John/Neil Winters tribute too much for the Daytime Emmys, but it won them the Best Drama and Best Supporting Actor nods though. Also I think Lisa De Cosette and Lee Phillip Bell's deaths played in part for the Y&R Best Drama win. 

She used to be a few years back.  But she really came through in the pyro mania story and has done well since her return imho as well. 

Good for him!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Zero energy show and it is inexplicable to me they didn't do montages for the best drama series nominees which would have at least served as promotion for the show. It was quite obvious that the Talk ladies were all reacting to absolutely nothing. Only Marie and Sharon were half believable. Sheryl Underwood made me laugh at her "excitement" for whoever won the previous category. 

That said, live Zooms would have been a nightmare to coordinate for each category and it would have been a very hard show to produce so I can't fault them for pre-taping. 

WTF was that? Talk about setting a bad example. There is ZERO reason those two should have been within each other's presence as American Covid-19 numbers shoot through the roof. 

After the year she's had, it was hers to lose. 

I laughed. Brad was clearly filming that in his beautiful home with the silver etched wallpaper.