2020 Daytime Emmy Nominees Announced

• Members

This sad sack of nominations are basically competing for participation ribbons.

If the winner in the Younger category is born in the 2000s, then I'll feel really old 

Please register in order to view this content

In all seriousness, the Younger category should be scrapped. Look at the Daytime Emmy acting winners that were born in the 1980s and 1990s. That's proof to me as to how far the talent pool has dropped in the last 25 years.

Edited by kalbir

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

How on Earth is Thaao Penghlis(Tony, DAYS) a Lead Actor,? Should've been in supporting, even guest.  It is absolutely stupid to have the younger actors and actresses in one category, basically cutting the Younger Actor award, when several people were robbed of noms, including (if eligible) Casey Moss (Ex-JJ, DAYS), Will Lipton(Cam, GH), & Rob Wilson (Ben, DAYS).  

DAYS omissions  --- Stacy Haiduk(Kristen), Lindsay Godfrey(Sarah), the above mentioned Moss & Wilson, Mary Beth Evans(Kayla), Suzanne Rogers(Maggie), John Aniston(Victor), Victoria Konefal(Ciara)

GH omissions -- Maurice Benard(Sonny), Laura Wright(Carly), Kelly Monaco(Sam), Chloe Lanier(Nelle), Nancy Lee Grahn(Alexis), Scarlett Fernandez(Charlotte)

Y&R Omissions --- Eric Braeden(Victor), Beth Maitland(Traci), Marla Adams(Dina), Amelia Heinle(Victoria)

Omissions from other fields --- Why On Earth is Drew Carey(The Price Is Right) not nominated yet again as Outstanding Game Show Host!?!  

She's the woman who showed left her baby on the Newman's doorstep Christmas time.  She was a good actress, just shocked.  She was recurring for a month or so.

Who On Earth are you referring to??!!?!??!

• Members

I just remembered Sasha on Y&R thanks to the picture above (I had googled the actress and her pictures of herself did not help me identify her).  She was a very minor character - I cannot believe she got a nomination especially since very few other Y&R actors did.  I barely remember Simon Black either but I think he at least had a much more substantial part than Sasha.