2020 Daytime Emmy Nominees Announced

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My choice Jon Lindstrom(Kevin & Ryan,GH), if not, it should go to Jason Thompson (Billy, Y&R).  Steve Burton (GH) and Thaao Penghlis (DAYS) should NOT be nominated, Thaao esp. in this category, maybe supporting.

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS should be Maura West(Ava, GH),  2nd choice Ari Zucker(Nicole, DAYS).  Finola Hughes(GH) didn't have much to do this year, and should not be nominated this year. 

For supporting, I'd go with Paul Telfer(Xander, DAYS) or Wally Kurth(Justin, DAYS) or Mark Grossman(Adam, Y&R).  Good noms in this category,  But Rob Wilson(Ben, DAYS) should've been nominated

Outstanding Young Performer.  Again I think it's a shame that both male and females are put in one category, knocking all actors out.  The winner should be  Olivia Rose Keegan(Claire, DAYS). Possibly GH's Katelyn MacMullen(Willow) or Eden McCoy(Joss) could win instead.

Guest actor should be Chrishell Stause(ex-Jordan, DAYS),  But Michael Knight(Martin, GH) or Eva LaRue(ex-Celeste, Y&R) may get it instead.  Don't know why Elissa Kapneck and Jeffrey Vincent Parise were nominated to be honest. 

Hoping Susan Seaforth Hayes(Julie, DAYS) gets it. Althought I think Tamara Braun (ex-Kim GH), Rebecca Budig (ex-Hayden, GH) and Christel Khalil(Lily, Y&R) could get it instead. 

I'd give it to DAYS

Edited by David_Vickers
Forgot to add choice for supporting actor

• Members

This category looks decent. I don't know what Budig and Khalil are doing in this category but I like the clips Tamara, Susan and Annika choose. 

Tamara holds a special place in my heart because I loved her Carly, I always felt her Carly was the most romantic Carly of the set. Tamara has such a beautiful style to her acting that is sensitive and almost delicate and waif like in nature. She has a very harlequin romance style about her that I feel she excels in. Great showcase here. 

Susan's clip is also great in it's honesty and sheer vulnerability, she did great with the material. 

Annika probably has the best material of the set in that it's classic Emmy-bait and she gets a chance to show case the broken-ness and desperation any mother would feel from the lost of a child. 

This is a dead category. I don't understand why Burton and Penghlis were nominated. I've never liked Thorsten Kaye's acting but I grew to like his clip towards the end. Jon and Jason's clips are classic Emmy-bait with playing multiple characters and the DID storyline. I liked Jon's tape the best as he was able to use some humor in his delivery. 

I'm starting to see the value of previous comments who said it would be better to limit the nominees to three slots per category. There are at least two performers in each category that didn't have much if any material to submit but they are nominated for pretty much every day work. Nothing special. 

Maura West lost the plot years ago. KKL's confrontation scene is lacking. Heather Tom was great as usual but the material of that clip just is not there. Ari is probably the most deserving. Finola has the most interesting clip. 

Supporting Actor is more of the same. Mark's scene is a shout fest, Bryton didn't break it with his material. Wally's scene is pedestrian. I like Chandler, James and Paul's clips the most but again there is barely anything going on in these scenes. 

Some of these clips are really beautiful for younger actor. I really liked Thai's scenes, I kind of wish Sasha had Katelyn's material because I feel Sasha had the performance but Katelyn has the writing. Olivia and Eden didn't need to be nominated. 

Edited by Skin

• Members

Yeah, it’s pretty low energy. Even braying Sheryl and Mario would be preferable. I’m multitasking so have it on in the background.

I didn’t notice that lol. But it’s always interesting to see winners no longer with their shows, either voluntarily or otherwise.

• Members

It just takes the spontaneity out of the night, which is part of the fun of an awards show. This is barely better than the year of the writer’s strike when the Golden Globes just listed off the winners. But I don’t think CBS would have taken this on otherwise. Just too much hassle trying to make sure everyone’s tech setup was ok to do a live broadcast. Filler programming.

LOL at Olivia Rose Keegan’s acceptance. She looks like she and her family have been imbibing.