2020 Daytime Emmy Nominees Announced

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In case anyone missed it CBS reposted it (you're better off just going to YT and watching the clips you're interested in): https://www.cbs.com/shows/daytime-emmy-awards/video/mbjC49t4yecrTd0qV9XFDq4Xfv0BMTs6/the-47th-annual-daytime-emmy-awards/

This cracks me up. Eva La Rue's speech for guest performer is almost triple the length of the winners in major categories: 

• Members

Honestly, this was one of the better shows in recent memory.  Especially after the last time it was on broadcast TV and it was a salute to Vegas.  Each nominees taped an acceptance speech and they filmed the presenter announcing each possible winner and it was edited together with the correct winner.

• Members

What does a show like Blue Bloods normally do?

Those number are not too shabby. We also have to take into consideration the fact that, despite the fact that some states have re-opened their bars and dining, much of the country still has a captive audience.  My question is-- do these numbers tell us anything about going forward in a post-pandemic time (God willing!

Please register in order to view this content

)?

We know that soap fans are incredibly loyal.  If these numbers stack up to their top performing Friday night fare, CBS has got to be considering the possibility that future Daytime Emmys could make their way back to CBS. Or with the budget required of pre-pandemic/post-pandemic ceremony, with all the pomp and circumstance, mean that this is a one and done, 'in case of quarantine only' type of event?

Also, MTV ran a few of their old VMA ceremonies at the same time last night (both trended on Twitter at various times).  I wonder what numbers they did?

• Members

My hope is that if they are happy with these numbers, that when Y&R and B&B come back, they get primetime specials, like in the old days (but they'd better make it good!). It's the summer with all reruns and CBS could hype being the only network with all new scripted programming in primetime.  Do it two nights in a row, with an hour of Big Brother, an hour of recap, and an hour of the Y&R season premiere and the B&B double episode season premiere. That would encourage the writers and producers to step up their game and it would help promote the comebacks. I see that as win-win. 

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

The 0.3 demo rating and 3M viewers was much better than expected. When the ceremony was last carried in 2015,  only 900k viewers watched. 

I can’t see dumping on the audience size or on the show itself. Yes, it was largely pre-taped, but it was without glitches and treated the genre respectfully. Hopefully we get a show next year and we’re all through this virus. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Tamron Hall wins for Informative Talk Show host.  Goodness, I don't know why they delayed this announcement and didn't include it in last month's show.  I feel like the Academy screwed something up and was trying to hide a mistake they made.

• Members

CBS should really, really, make this happen. Promoting Y&R and B&B with Big Brother would be an incredibly wise decision and would give the soaps the boos they'll desperately need. 

She so, so deserved the win. I agree that it seems like some kind of cover up was going on about an Academy mistake.