• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hilary as Dru’s daughter wouldn’t even make sense WITH Dru around. The only secret baby story I’d want to see with Dru is making her John and Mamie’s daughter, but that’s a story that would’ve needed to be done in the 90s for the full impact. 

• Members

At GH I feel Guza & when he was there, Pratt called all the shots while JFP was a figurehead . Pls Frons was probably always a vote for them. 

GH under Phelps/McTavish/Shapiro  was more balanced and still utilized vets

Edited by John

• Members

I guess the trade is that it was more balanced but the writing was awful under McTavish.  So we saw more people but nothing they did was interesting.  Guza has the talent, he just doesn’t want to write for the characters I wanted to see.

If anything, I thought they kept more people in motion when Pratt was there too.  His first big story was even a Laura story (as problematic as it was), plotted before Genie quit.  First one that revolved around her since Lucky died. Yes, Sonny, Carly, Jason (and Sam) were on all the time, but we had so many other characters getting real story then too.  Once Pratt was gone that dried up.  Again, not that Pratt was writing great stuff, but when he was there most of the canvas was in a story of some kind.

• Members

All this JFP talk just reminds me of all her rebranding attempts.  Everyone stop saying THE Guiding Light.  It’s now just ONE LIFE, etc.

That AW opening was a primetime level opening.  That’s about the only great thing I can say about one of her tenures.

My show-GH, also never really recovered from her tenure dismantling the Quartermaines.  Alan is my Maureen, and the mistake was just as grave and detrimental.

Edited by titan1978