1 hour ago, Vizion said:

This. Brad and JFP and Sussman and JFP both would have been dreadful. Brad has no talent and is only where he is because of nepotism and Sussman is the most boring writer on the planet. 

I agree to an extent.

Here is the problem.  On GH, when they lured back Guza and Pratt I believe they had producer credits too.  And Frons loved Guza’s GH.  So she had writers equally as powerful as she was, or with influence.

Anyone paired with her has to have the same clout, or it doesn’t work.  Like when MAB hired Rauch- She had creative control, he produced their content (Not that I think those two should have had anything to do with running Y&R).  Or Bill Bell himself- he had the power, not production.  Especially after Conboy left, he had the EP title added and enforced it.

Maybe Alden/JFP could have worked, but Alden would need to be made and EP by Sony to have worked long term.  Otherwise Jill would just run right over her.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn! Six pages ahead. I can't wait to have time to read everyone's thoughts and/or shade. Marlo1.jpg

Edited by Taoboi

Does she talk at all about Beverly McKinsey leaving GL? That was JFP who was in charge at that time right? I would love to hear her perspective on that event almost 30 years later and what she thought at the time. 

Someone should really do a more in-depth interview with JFP - I can't imagine all the stories she has and that she could tell. She has such a wealth of experience across all the major networks and soap opera production companies.

Though, I get the sense she only did this particular interview because she was friends with the host (as they worked together on Hollywood Heights). 

Just now, will81 said:

Does she talk at all about Beverly McKinsey leaving GL? That was JFP who was in charge at that time right? I would love to hear her perspective on that event almost 30 years later and what she thought at the time. 

She wasn't asked about it - though JFP worked with Beverlee's son Scott for several years at GH where he's still a Director. 

Part of me wants to see Brad at Y&R but I would imagine we would get Nikki in Brooke-esque sex scandals or even worse, the bad comedy B&B does that takes away from the drama for me. 

17 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

She wasn't asked about it - though JFP worked with Beverlee's son Scott for several years at GH where he's still a Director. 

Thanks, yeah I wasn't sure if there was any bad blood. Too bad it wasn't brought up, would have been good to hear JFP's side of the story. She must have been blind sided from what I have read about it.

Edited by will81

What I will always love is them telling her she couldn’t quit like that, she had a contract.  And her saying you better read it!  So great.

Also-  I’m sure nobody asked her about firing then un-firing Becky Herbst.

I came across this podcast a few weeks ago. It was lengthy. Played it in the background. Actually glad others have discovered it so that it can be discussed in a better way than even I could decipher for a news article. Fascinating material, IMO.

4 hours ago, soapfave06 said:

Part of me wants to see Brad at Y&R but I would imagine we would get Nikki in Brooke-esque sex scandals or even worse, the bad comedy B&B does that takes away from the drama for me. 

We'd get SHARON in Brooke-esque sex scandals :D 

I listened to it in full last night. I come out of it liking JFP a bit more and absolutely wishing anyone but that host had been the one to conduct the interview. She was so far up JFP's a$$ she could have given her a colonoscopy. 

Her comments about GL are interesting about Maureen.  I remember Ellen Parker saying they complained she didn't have enough spark or spunk.  And she said you're not giving me any material...so then they gave her great material to kill her off.  Over the years GL had a penchant for killing off great female characters.  Nadine, Maureen, Jenna, Hillary way back in the day, Tammy...I'm sure there are others.   

On the topic of the blackout storyline - didn't JER recycle that story a year or two later on DAYS? Or am I not remembering that correctly? I could swear there was a Salem blackout of some kind. 

No matter what anyone says, JFP and JER both inspire such heated discussions and are the most infamous daytime players of the past 30 years. It's always interesting to me that they collided at GL in the early 90's during its last great era, and apparently they both had a respect for one another even if they didn't work together again after that. 

Yes Days did recycle the blackout plot in the 90s. It ran a lot longer than a week though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, soapfan770 said:

LOL I remember SOD and SPW being very critical of this. And then Eddie Drueding inserting rare commentary that was very critical as well on his website. It’s interesting Phelps even felt the need to defend the John/Felicia story in 2020 I think she has had time to read Eddie’s very scathing review of them a devoted on a website almost generally free of any opinion. 

I don’t entirely blame MO though. I mean first she had that cop Alex. Then it was getting engaged to Tyler that went nowhere. Then was shacking up with Stitch who had already been with her sister & mom and was given a wicked stepson who then turned out to have a brain tumor and needed diapers 🙃. The affairs with Scott and Arturo were pointless, I can’t believe no one has even came up with anything remotely interesting for Abby to do other than she sides with Adam occasionally.

Yes Hilary was originally intended to be Dru’s daughter from her street days and hence why she was the revenge seeker, but the show got scared of VR backlash so they came up with that convoluted half retcon story of a drunk Neil and drunk Rose Turner to explain what Neil was doing on his drinking binge after Dru’s death, what even Latham very poorly addressed until Olivia popped in to tell Neil to “sober up” and yes just like magic Neil was sober again!

That Hillary is Dru's daughter would have been a great idea. However, there would be a hole where VR would need to be to give it so much pop.

So much potential.

Where does Hillary as Dru's daughter go without Dru? Devon is the only man they'd pair her with in any real way and it's kinda...gross, even if they share no DNA. Pairing her with Neil is even grosser.