• Members

I agree to an extent.

Here is the problem.  On GH, when they lured back Guza and Pratt I believe they had producer credits too.  And Frons loved Guza’s GH.  So she had writers equally as powerful as she was, or with influence.

Anyone paired with her has to have the same clout, or it doesn’t work.  Like when MAB hired Rauch- She had creative control, he produced their content (Not that I think those two should have had anything to do with running Y&R).  Or Bill Bell himself- he had the power, not production.  Especially after Conboy left, he had the EP title added and enforced it.

Maybe Alden/JFP could have worked, but Alden would need to be made and EP by Sony to have worked long term.  Otherwise Jill would just run right over her.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Does she talk at all about Beverly McKinsey leaving GL? That was JFP who was in charge at that time right? I would love to hear her perspective on that event almost 30 years later and what she thought at the time. 

• Members

Someone should really do a more in-depth interview with JFP - I can't imagine all the stories she has and that she could tell. She has such a wealth of experience across all the major networks and soap opera production companies.

Though, I get the sense she only did this particular interview because she was friends with the host (as they worked together on Hollywood Heights). 

She wasn't asked about it - though JFP worked with Beverlee's son Scott for several years at GH where he's still a Director. 

• Members

Thanks, yeah I wasn't sure if there was any bad blood. Too bad it wasn't brought up, would have been good to hear JFP's side of the story. She must have been blind sided from what I have read about it.

Edited by will81

• Members

What I will always love is them telling her she couldn’t quit like that, she had a contract.  And her saying you better read it!  So great.

Also-  I’m sure nobody asked her about firing then un-firing Becky Herbst.

• Webmaster

I came across this podcast a few weeks ago. It was lengthy. Played it in the background. Actually glad others have discovered it so that it can be discussed in a better way than even I could decipher for a news article. Fascinating material, IMO.

• Members

Her comments about GL are interesting about Maureen.  I remember Ellen Parker saying they complained she didn't have enough spark or spunk.  And she said you're not giving me any material...so then they gave her great material to kill her off.  Over the years GL had a penchant for killing off great female characters.  Nadine, Maureen, Jenna, Hillary way back in the day, Tammy...I'm sure there are others.   

• Members

On the topic of the blackout storyline - didn't JER recycle that story a year or two later on DAYS? Or am I not remembering that correctly? I could swear there was a Salem blackout of some kind. 

No matter what anyone says, JFP and JER both inspire such heated discussions and are the most infamous daytime players of the past 30 years. It's always interesting to me that they collided at GL in the early 90's during its last great era, and apparently they both had a respect for one another even if they didn't work together again after that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Where does Hillary as Dru's daughter go without Dru? Devon is the only man they'd pair her with in any real way and it's kinda...gross, even if they share no DNA. Pairing her with Neil is even grosser.