• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And then in summer 1999 she was originally gonna have Robin Christopher take over as Cassie. Thank god someone talked her out of that. I liked the ise of Skye on The ABC soaps from 1999-2012

JFP made some dumb ass choices at OLTL

Replaced Kevin Stapleton with Tim Gibbs

Fired Don Jeffcoat (Joey)

Fired Stephen Markle (Mel)

Forced Robin Strasser out

Tried to replace Erin Torpey with that Temp  Jessica. ES stopped that

Fired Sam Ball (Drew)

i know im missing somme

Edited by John

• Members

Hated JFP on Y&R but her run could have been different with a mandate to keep the music cues and sets intact. She suffered no fools among the cast there.

I loved her OLTL. It was my first exposure to that show. 

• Members

Thank you. I believe the OLTL episode was the culmination of the Georgie Phillips murder (Todd was holding everyone hostage with a fake bomb), was GH's episode the culmination of a big story too?

• Members

It was very exciting for my teenage self (soaps in primetime??!) at the time but it was a mess of a story. Did the show even address Rachel being a murderer? I just rewatched Rachel's confession and this was not self-defense, she straight up bludgeoned her with a bat. I know it was due to trauma from Georgie beating her up earlier but...damn.

• Members

Rachel was packed off to prison not long after this (Nora tried to go on the run with her but I think Bo stopped them). A few years later, Rachel briefly returned with Ellen Bethea back in the role, but that was mostly watching over Nora after she lost her memory. I don't remember it being mentioned very much with the last recast. 

Edited by DRW50