Couples that should've been. But never were.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two pairings would've been awesome. Sadly they never were. The friendship between David and Bridget was so well done. An eventually relationship. After their relationships with Kat and Dylan were over. Would've worked very well. The same goes with Gilly and AM. I would've loved to have seen them locking horns with Alex and Alan. As they all battle for Spaulding. Instead Bridget was later not well used. And badly written out. Even though she still had endless potential left. After Monty Sharp left David was ruined. As a bland biracial actor took over the role. AM was paired with overused pet Lucy. Poor Gilly unknowingly fell in love with her own biological father. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Disclaimer: all my suggestions are controversial and borderline on the world of fan fiction LOL but here we go.

GH: Michael and Chase. Chad Duell just oozes on-screen chemistry and sexual tension with Josh Swickard and just gives the Michael character an entire personality that just doesn't exist with his female partners (though I blame more of that on the writing). If GH has the balls to do this instead of this farce of a quadrangle happening, I'd be totally onboard.

BB: I'll get a ton of flack of this but I was always curious about a Ridge and Amber pairing. It's the classic fine line between love and hate and since these two characters spent most of their time hating each other, it would be interesting to see how that would go about. Ronn Moss and Adrienne Frantz had some good scenes when Ridge was kidnapped by Morgan.

YR: Kyle and Theo. Oh man, the pent up tension and animosity between these two characters would have made a whole lot of sense if they had a little fling back in New York, but so far it's just all talk and mentions of "whatever happened in NY". I would find it interesting to see how it would be retconned into the current storyline if Josh Griffith has the creative capacity to go there (doubtful). Two cousins would have been hooking up before they knew, though that hasn't really stopped GL from doing it lmao.

• Members

I also think Michael and Chase have way more chemistry than their respective pairings.  Fun chemistry too, not just brooding boring Michael.

I also agree about David/Bridget, and AM and Gilly.  I think Sherry’s Blake also makes Frank way more interesting and I wish we had gotten to actually see them together.

• Members

GL: Danny and Cassie, with Cassie returning back to the character she was when she first came to Springfield, not some saintly Mary-Sue. I think this pairing should've been given much more of a chance by the show.

Alan-Michael and GT's Dinah during the Ellen Wheeler era. Instead they paired A-M with MARINA of all people.

Remy Bodreaux and Marina would've made a good coupe in my opinion.

• Members

I know that NLG and especially Ingo have alienated many now, but just talking about the characters, I have to mention Jax and Alexis on GH. I loved their friendship back in the day and it was the perfect slow burn love story. Whatever the reason was for this never happening (there have been various claims), it was a real mistake, as the show had so many dead couples in this period that many fans did not give a damn about. As GH was so reliant on popular couples and love stories, this further sank the ratings, and led to fatal damage for the show.

• Members

Georgie & Spinelli. I always felt that Georgie was the ONE character to actually make Spinelli bearable throughout his run. I found them to be the cute, nerdy couple that would've been fun to watch on capers together. Also, I wanted Georgie for once to be the center of attention and not Lulu. It irked my soul at that time that Lulu was getting all the male affection. 

Georgie & Diego should've been a couple as well. They were another couple that had chemistry and it pissed me off that they went on to have Diego kill Georgie, which would never happen as he adored and respected her. And I didn't believe the crap that Guza wrote about Diego snapping and killing her b/c she inadvertently caused Sage to be later killed by Mary Bishop. 

• Members

Jack and Siobhan (Sarah Felder ONLY) on Ryan's Hope. Claire Labine said the story could not happen because Jack would never have gotten involved with Siobhan after Mary's death, but that's just another reason it would have been such pure fire. Maeve would have been crushed and there would have been a heavy rift between her and Jack, as he was like a son to her. Siobhan also would have struggled with raising her dead sister's child when she lost her own. Instead Felder was dumped by ABC and we got Barbie Moll Cop. 

• Members

Mallet and Mindy - (Guiding Light)  Mark Derwin and Kimberly Simms had sizzling chemistry together. And it seemed for awhile they were going in that direction with Mallet being Mindy's confidant. However, they brought in Harley/Nick and well you know the rest of that story. 

• Members

That was the ONLY time I ever enjoyed Mark Derwin as Mallet. There was a wonderful crane shot after Francesca went off with her mob husband to protect Mallet, and he was kneeling on the ground crying, and Mindy consoled him. He and Beth Ehlers never clicked that way - I don't care what they were up to in real life.

You're probably right.

• Members

Okay, I'm going a little bit rogue but hear me out-

Lily Winters and Tyler Michaelson.  Lily and Cane had long run their course and the audience needed reminding that Lily was still "Young" and not an old housewife but TPTB let the lunatic fanbase run the show into the ground.

Ana Hamilton and well, anybody!  The fact that this gorgeous young lady never had a hint of a romance on a soap opera??!  That's nuts!