Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well...news outlets seem to be hinting that Governor Newsom is going to lift the stay-at-home order though things (and the ICU) are still bad. 

I know numbers had lowered, but not enough to lift it. They are still vaccinating everyone (I literally have a vaccination super center next door right now) so I find this shocking.

Still...negative for now. One of my work bosses has made testing mandatory. 

Jealous but happy for them at the same time. I would probably feel so less stressed if I was allowed to dance. I love dancing.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

lol. Some people are bit rougher with the shots and it does seem like some people may stab people when they give shots. When I got mine the lady was gentle and it was the same when I got my flu shot back in October. Hopefully people will be gentle most of the time. 

I think if someone is a bit leery of shots it helps if they tell that to the person who is giving it to them. And hopefully that will cause them to make sure they are more gentle. I'm glad your parents have been vaccinated and I hope they are doing well. My dad has been put on the list to get his shot from the VA and I hope he gets it soon. 

I am glad to hear you are feeling fine. I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine this morning. I work for the federal government/military and deal with a bunch of military service members on a daily basis. I was able to be grouped into the 1b group (non medical essential/frontline group of workers). I feel fine. The shot didn't hurt. Some of my co-workers went and got their shots this past Friday and they are feeling fine. Most of them said the worst thing they experienced was a little soreness in their arm, and one said she felt a little fatigued after the second day, but overall they are doing fine. I'm glad I got the shot and my second one is scheduled for February 16th. The military is doing a good job of getting people vaccinated where I live, some people are already getting their second doses. 

They are offering it for free for different groups of people on a walk in basis. People that qualify for this shot should take advantage of getting it while they can. (Barring things like having allergies, being unable to take the shot for some reason).

Edited by xtr

• Members

Thank you. 

Please register in order to view this content

I hope your parents are able to get it soon. They may be able to. I think that the next group of people that might be able to get it include elderly people that are in their 60's but under 75. I know those people are included in the next group that the military want to vaccinate. My dad technically is in that group, he's in his early 70s. The VA is supposed to give him his, but if not he could get his shot the same place I got mine, though he might have to wait a little longer. Maybe the next group of people in general (including non military people) will feature more elderly people under 75.

I think that if people are able to get this shot, it's a good idea for most of them to get it. I do believe that most people will be fine after getting this vaccination. Sure, there is risk in getting it, and there will be people that could suffer more severe reactions, but overall I think that most people will be okay after they get it. The people with things like allergies shouldn't get it, but I believe that most everybody else will be fine. And I think it will give a lot more people peace of mind, especially those of us who have high risk/high exposure jobs. 

Thank you soapsuds

Edited by xtr

• Members

These pharmaceutical companies will likely have to modify their booster shots in order to better neutralize these recent variants. Supposedly, the current Pfizer and Moderna vaccines cover the British and South African variants but not at the percentages that they had hoped. It may be enough though, but I imagine they'd want to improve that.