Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had the same anxiety tonight, but nothing stands in between me and coffee for the house.

Please register in order to view this content

I feel ya. I had to explain that part of the reason that this is going on in my work area is that management in charge of the mall when they did their news releases (which I read) decided to give customers a choice to wear one. I was like 'why? if they had a choice...they wouldn't. they are too pretentious to think of someone other than themselves.' Heck, that Karen did her complaint and it turned out it was not even the co-worker I thought it was, but she was picking on him because he was BLACK...which is another can of worms, for not-this-thread.  Meanwhile, I hear the other mall in the area made it MANDATORY to wear masks.

I just don't know what's going on and I don't get how people are so darn defiantly about something they would have to do for 45 minutes to an hour a day if one is still in Lockdown. Or just every time you leave your house. *shrugs*

EXACTLY. My sinus can be crazy, but it is part of my job and I do it. 

See? That's another thing that isn't being discussed. If these people running around don't believe they can get it, you could warn them that when/if they are proved one...there's a heck of a hospital bill coming their way. 

• Members

It was a beautiful day in Upper Manhattan, and I’d say the majority of people out and about were without masks. Social distancing certainly wasn’t been observed much at all, and crowds weren’t being broken up. Groups and families were barbecuing and blasting merengue, and guys were doing shirtless pull-ups on the jungle gym and playing team soccer on the fields. Folks are totally over it at this point. The majority of people wearing masks do it because most stores require them for entry.

• Members

That's just reminding me that it's been a little bit toooooooooo long for me. lol.

Though to be fair..Central Park can be like that. lol.

SMH at the mask. Of all places...

THIS.

Yeah...like I said a few pages back here in San Diego if it is going to be a hot week, I fully expect people to be out. But back then, I was down to one job and I could go to it, avoid a lot of people, and go home and STAY THERE. 

Now...with all my jobs back...not so much. And this past week was a hot week. Part of the reason me and my coworkers have gotten into it with customers over masks.  And that's because they DON'T want to wear them inside.

If you can't put on a mask for even five minutes to get you some food, don't come in and order.  I just had a rachtet group come in yesterday whom order was completely messed up because my reputation precedes me now and people know that when  you order I ask for EVERYTHING. And different regions of the U.S. expect different things and want food different ways for where I work so I have to ask...or if someone is allegric. I take NO LIP for that. So one person didn't want to tell me how he wanted his food since he refuse to put on a mask AND walked off. The girl didn't want to wear a mask and once she shared with her bf (sharing masks, really?) she changed the order cuz she was cheap. And even the bf himself wanted to pop attitude at me for his food. Then they came in several times saying the order was wrong. Why yes, it is wrong because YOU made it that way. why? Because I don't read minds and you wanted to NOT do your order the correct way to be sure nothing was wrong. You wanted it wrong and THAT was what you got. They couldn't even find the fries in a box. So...next time...WEAR A MASK AND COME IN AND ORDER RIGHT. No refund made. 

No reason for people to be putting up a fight over a mask. So self absorbed.

• Members

^That would be a fun fight.

But seriously...I am doing my best. And I am the NICE co-worker. It does help that for better or for worse, people may mess with a black man, but no one wants to fight one. And on the flip side, not many black men want to go to jail in this current climate...if they make it there at all. Sad, but also sadly true. 

It also helps that the sign on the day makes it clear and I can and will refuse services (no shoes, no shirt, etc) if need be. Thankfully it has not gotten to that point. Yet.

Edited by Taoboi