Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

^ Yes. Short of a miracle we will probably all have to shut down again in a couple of months. What a nightmare. Just thinking about the loss of life and the economic damage terrifies me. I'm not talking about stocks going down, I mean people's lives being further devastated by evictions and food insecurity. Please let them find a good therapeutic ASAP.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I cannot begin to tell you how much I have to fight with customers to put on their masks right when they come into my work place. People actually wanting to argue when there is A SIGN ON THE DOOR. Or people want to get into it with my co-workers over social distancing because while my co-workers are quite loud...too loud sometimes...people think they are being yell at (no, Karen) and most people NOT LISTENING. Not helped and I have to explain to my co-workers, the mall we work at is saying that it is people's preference versus making it mandatory. Knowing where the mall is (rich area) how did they think if given a choice people would act.

Went to get food tonight and saw the downtown area (barring hotels and bars...which open Monday) had been reopened. And I saw passing restaurants AND NO MASKS. Not people sitting and eating so no need for a mask...but people in CROWDS outside with no mask acting like it was a typical Friday night here.

I am not one for having an anxiety attack, but that made me about wig all the way out. 

Virus is still in the air...no vaccine has been reported on the news or them smartphones you are always on. And you are running around without a mask?!?

• Members

THANK YOU!! I work in health care (not the medical side, but as a caregiver), and I have to wear a mask for hours on end because I want to protect my "people". No, I don't enjoy wearing a mask and other PPE but I do because it's part of my job and because it's for the greater good. I could not agree with you more.

• Members

Interesting info about the challenges facing the entertainment industry in the age of COVID.

"...approaches being discussed involve facilitating separate shoots, which can then be pieced together in post, and quarantining participating talent for 14 days, with testing done regularly, before shooting the scene in full. The actors involved with the latter would have to be OK with that plan, of course. "And if they're not, you're fucked," says one executive, "because you can't force an actor to do something that they're not comfortable with." At least two more predict those kinds of conversations about comfort levels — both general and specific — will start to happen with No. 1's on every call sheet in the coming weeks, if they haven't begun already. And the responses are expected to vary, particularly among the older and more vulnerable set. Regardless of how many safety measures are put in place, there will be some who simply won't feel comfortable and, as one network head warns, some shows could go away as a result."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/top-tv-execs-grapple-covid-19-script-changes-were-not-going-be-shoot-it-dont-write-it-1297752