DAYS Launches Digital Series Aug 1st

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had the first thought as others regarding the budget. The show is put together with cardboard, paperclips, and night lights as it is. WHY are they paying for this? I'd rather they put more of an effort into the actual show that's airing. Willing to bet that more than half of the regular audience will have no idea that there even is a digital series, let alone care. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I definitely feel like this is meant to test the waters for DAYS online ... lord ... that would probably end up like Peapack where they're shooting in the studio's parking lot and surrounding woods. But honestly at this point I'd take Peapack over some of the sets we have ... lol

Really don't understand why Y&R and DAYS (and SONY) haven't tried to capitalize on their past and offer streaming of old episodes. I think there'd be way more interest than they would ever expect. Gotta be some reason they don't. I guess it would be expensive and they don't see the end benefit. I also think they missed the mark on DVDs. Shame they don't care about capitalizing on their shows. But that would require spending money so ... lol.

I feel like GL missed the mark at having a shot at online success, personally. All remaining soaps would do well, IMO. Ratings weren't the problem with AMC and OLTL online so they'd do well.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Agreed 100%.  I think the days of mass DVD compilations are already behind us, but certainly streaming options and/or rerunning them on a place like Antenna TV or some cable network would be perfect. 

How random it was last year in March when Bravo aired two episodes of DAYS each weekday morning at like 5am/6am, starting with September 2011 episodes. And then after three weeks, it was dropped.