DAYS Launches Digital Series Aug 1st

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It is a great idea. Soaps are really lagging when it comes to digital/streaming, particularly with the MAMMOTH libraries of episodes (current and cancelled shows) that aren't generating any revenue. I don't get why they don't work out deals with Hulu/Netflix/Amazon/CBSAA to put them on there. Dark Shadows is on Amazon and it's been great to binge. Soaps are literally MADE for bingewatching! 

• Members

My guess: prohibitively expensive to prepare old episodes for streaming in light of the modest license fees they’d be offered from the likes of Netflix, etc. (DS feels like an outlier since its full run has been available on DVD.) It will be interesting to see if Disney sees the ABC soaps as valuable enough to stream early episodes on its new service.

• Members

OMG...I am soooooo sick of that blue room with the two doors and window. It has been a thousand different things, and it's distracting. "Here we are in the blue room again!" I know the budget is nothing, but there has to be a better creative way...more outdoor shooting like they used to with Salem Place? Right now, the show feels downright claustrophobic to me.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Chad and Abby in Paris Chapter 2 debuts on Thursday on the Dool App. They will have some new characters joining including Mr. Shin's son, Li Shin played by actor Remmington Hoffman:

Please register in order to view this content

Another newcomer named Sylvie is also going to be on this latest episodes. She will be played by actress Shawna Della-Ricca.

Juliet who was in the first batch of episodes will also be returning and a surprise person from Salem will be showing up as well. There will be eight episodes in this next Chapter.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Shin's son appearing on regular Days. 

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2019/09/17/chapter-two-of-dool-app-series-chad-abby-in-paris-to-debut-this-thursday

Edited by xtr