LATEST RATINGS: June 17-21, 2019

• Members

It’s crazy that he wasn’t even on Thursday, and yet he dominated the show. Everything else, as BetterForgotten mentioned, is treading water. Josh must have had a mandate to turn things around quickly with renewal on the horizon, and that was the rabbit he had in his hat. For such a “dynamic” character, Adam makes for enervating viewing, especially with all these snoozeworthy characters (Kevin, Chloe, Chelsea, Stafford’s Phyllis) returning alongside him.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My thoughts:

1) Too many changes in such a short time over at Y&R, need to flush the stories out with transition despite of regime change. Should’ve build on the death of Neil Winters by returning key characters Drucilla, Olivia and other Winters family members. Switcheroo of Gina/Michelle, new Adam and return of Chelsea & Kevin are a bit too much. Focus on core characters during transition: Victor, Nikki, Sharon, Nick, Tracey, Jack, etc. and capture lead in of Price Is Right.

2) GH, with the loss of The Chew or even the daytime lineup AMC & OLTL isn’t helping lead in the ratings for GH. The Strahan & Sara show is horrendous and killing the buzz of any ratings between The View and GH. Focus more on central core families (characters) of the Webber, Quartermaine, Ashford, Jones, Scorpio and Spencer. 

3) B&B, where do I start here? I think the retirement of Susan Flannery, the failure in writing for return of Spectra and the overkill of Hope/Liam/Steffy/Baby are nosediving B&B. Give us people we care about: Brooke, Eric, Ridge (Ronn Moss), Katie, Quinn, Rick, Maya, the Avant family and any plots to do with beauty & fashion world. No excuse for falling ratings with a rich lead in of Y&R.

4) DAYS, virtually has no lead in or anything around this show in daytime. It’s a wasteland in the afternoon on NBC (used to have Generations, Search for Tomorrow, Santa Barbara, Passions, Sunset Beach and Another World) with syndication and informercials. DAYS history is rich but abused and butchered over the years, too many newbies and give us legendary characters: Marlena, John, Kayla, Jennifer, Jack, Hope, Patch, Maggie, Julie, Doug, Shane, Kimberly, Abe, Roman, etc. Time to say goodbye to 12-14 months taping in advance, Rafe, Gabi, Stefan, Nicole/Kristen, Kate, Rex, Brady, Ben, Claire, etc. 

Edited by 300 Park Lane

• Members

honestly why would anyone watch Y&R live if you can pay like $7 a month for CBS all access commercial free? It is so much better than slogging through the show when it airs or ff-ing thru commercials. Someone else said it before me, but Y&R is always listed as one of the most popular shows on the CBS app.

• Members

And AMC and OLTL were often tops for Hulu.

There's clearly an audience for streaming a soap opera.

I mean ... watching five episodes a week ... binge in one sitting ... soaps are the perfect "binge fest" type show ... unless I happen to be home and able to watch live, I usually save up several episodes at a time (if not at times, a months worth ... lol) ... I mean, an "hour long" episode is really 39 minutes .... (two hour shows like Good Morning America are really only like 65 minutes of actual content)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

True, but it is taken into account, at least in terms of primetime shows, who often have streaming deals that provide revenue. Unless I'm wrong about how streaming works. (Of course, DAYS on the NBC app isn't the same as a deal for it airing on say Hulu)

Facts are, ratings suck. Primetime ratings suck. Most shows considered "hits" now would have been laughed at and cancelled just 5-10 years ago (unless your a niche sitcom on NBC that will never get high ratings. They seem immune because they're "critical darlings")

Edited by KMan101