LATEST RATINGS: June 17-21, 2019

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dead Baby Switch/Beavis Thomas story is really working on B&B - The Beavis and the Beautiful.  1.1 Million more viewers than Days and dead last in W18-49.  Definitely need more Beavis/Hope/Liam/Steffy/Flo/Wyatt, etc. - it's really working.  And Y&R - The Adam and the Restofthem - also really workin'.  So glad Wimbledon is on this week...saw neither show yesterday and about 10 minutes of each this week.    

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Beavis and the Beautiful. DEAD lol

B&B is coasting on fumes at this point. Time for Brad to hang it up.

Y&R is too much "The Adam Show" again. No thanks. It's not unwatchable but it's not must see either. It's reached the point other soaps have gotten to, sadly.

GH just has a bunch of people on every day. Not much really happens. Too many pets and propping of said pets.

DAYS is the best of the bunch and that's REALLY saying something

Please register in order to view this content

Ratings just are what they are at this point. Meh.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Best of the bunch wasn't necessarily a compliment

Please register in order to view this content

lol

But at least I'm slightly entertained. YMMV of course. 

Yep.

And also curious how they think Kevin, Chelsea, original flavor Phyllis, etc. will raise any ratings? I think the ratings are stagnating and not much can increase or even decrease them. They just kind of are what they are at this point. Meh. lol.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

2.96 on Monday....not sure what the rating was for Friday. The problem is if fans of hers tuned in....they were disappointed because she didn't appear on Monday episode until later in the week. By then viewers had tuned out.

• Members

I hope Gina Tognoni is laughing her as* off and having a great Summer Vacation.  Before getting picked up for a primetime role if she wants it.  I know that Stafford and her have been nice over social media but I'd still be a little bitter if I were Tognoni.  Especially since I saw a commercial the past week about Y&R and "Familiar Faces are Back and the Summer will be HOT!" type of message.  yeah, not so much.  

I know it's been years now but it's hard to believe back when Summer caused ratings to rise substantially.  Further proof no one young is watching soaps.  And back when Fridays and Mondays always were the biggest ratings days.  Now you never can tell.  A show's highest ratings can be a Wednesday now for whatever reason.  No real cliffhangers or resolutions that anyone cares about.  I still say with ABC running their Game Show nights, they're looking for a replacement for GH.  Ellen's Game of Games on NBC - in general Game Shows on at night...I wouldn't put it past ABC to have a Michael Strahan hosted 100,000 1 hour pyramid during the day.  ABC for whatever reason is in love with Strahan.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

“THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL” SHOWS CONTINUED SUMMER STRENGTH

ATTRACTS LARGEST AUDIENCE IN 10 WEEKS

8ba483168b165be1369b96a41b3f9053.jpg

For the week ending Friday, June 28, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL scored 3.31 million viewers, its largest audience in 10 weeks – since the week ending April 26.

Source: Nielsen, Live plus Same Day Ratings for the week ending Friday, June 28.

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=53021

Based on the press release, The Beavis and the Beautiful (LOL) gains 100,000+ viewers from this week (nothing about the demos which are probably stagnant).  It seems "psycho Thomas" is working (the week mentioned - the aftermath of running Ema off the road).

Y&R - I agree with KMan101 the show is over-promoting Phyllis/Adam/Chelsea/Kevin returns.

Nice boost for Days for Caroline's memorial, but agree with Soapsuds overall the show is dull right now.

Edited by clubkidjeff

• Members

It's easy for them to get a largest audience in 10 weeks when they've been dropping every week for the most part.  "Continued Summer Strength".  What a laugh.  They're hitting all time lows but continuing Summer strength.  

• Members

I feel like due to their easy renewals, these shows must do really well online. The Bell soaps I mean. On CBS All Access they're always listed with the popular shows so it's likely the ratings are better than we think. The only thing that gave Y&R a bit of a bump was the Kristoff St. John tribute. I think that worked because not only were you honoring a legendary actor, but it was something different. With Y&R right now the Adam story is literally the A story EVERY DAY so unless you are sold on that story you don't have much reason to tune in. Plus, even if you do love the show, once you notice it's on every day you have less reason to watch each day since you can easily skip and catch up. They need another A story to rotate it with.