GH JULY 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I see what you mean. (That perm really was something else for sure lol). All I've known is Luke and Laura, but from what I've read on here, it really does seem that Scott got the short end of the stick and the writers turned him into a salty douche just to prop up Luke. It's nice to see the current writers finally correcting that.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Originally, Scotty was a true-blue, compassionate, supportive and loving young man. When TPTB inexplicably and irresponsibly decided Laura should abandon him without warning and run off with her HOODLUM RAPIST (!!!), suddenly the show started portraying Scotty as the villain of the story for "daring" to be infuriated that his wife had lost her mind and was acting like an idiot, and because Scotty loathed the criminal deviant who had destroyed Scotty's marriage and ruined his life.

PFFFFT!

This has burned me up for 39 long years! LOL!

• Members

It's interesting that by the time Kin returned they seemed to make Scotty more of a love-to-hate type rather than a genuine hate figure. I wonder if that was just down to Kin's charisma, or if they realized they had to move on since Genie had quit. 

• Members

I kind of like that Scotty has all those facets.  I like that Laura kind of broke him and he came back with an edge.  He wasn’t outright evil, just a schemer and an opportunist.  I also love it when we see the original Scotty, like with Serena and his family and Dominique.

Laura was most ruined by the Luke and Laura thing than anybody.  By the time they got married she stopped being her own character and was tied to him.  Sometimes Labine and Guza would make you remember she is interesting in her own right but not like every regime did with Luke.

She was his angel, not an angel.  He was her hero, not a hero.  When they remember that Laura has been on the run, and can be dangerous, is when I get excited.  She wasn’t a saint even when Bobbie was after Scotty and she was in the way.  Certainly not as experienced as Bobbie, but no saint.

I think 1979 Scotty would have faded away on this show and the Scotty that returned in 1981 is why he still comes and goes.

If anything, a real miss was him not marrying into the Quartermaines.  He would have fit right in.