GH JULY 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Mmmm hmmm! No lies here! Shelly's "retirement" is the same as Jean's.

#FIREFRANK

ABC is checked out but at some point they have to address the problem of Frank and Nathan Varni. 

Hmm. Maybe. Though I'd take Mike Horton back first, we'd have to re-establish him. I still can't believe this character hasn't been on the canvas as a regular character in 20 years. TWENTY YEARS folks. He left in 1999 and returned in 2010 for Alice's memorial. That's IT. Mike Horton. And let's not talk about how David Banning was ignored after Greg Marxx left (which was 1980-something ...). Apart from the way too old Scott played by Rick Hearst ... and then they quickly killed him off, all the while giving him a son with Valerie. I mean ... lord. Days annoys me so much.

Anyway ... back to GH ...

I can't with this psychic [!@#$%^&*]. I just can't. The actress doesn't bother me at all but no thanks. And my GOD they LOVE to DUMP ALL OVER Ava. Meanwhile, every other criminal in town gets to gloss over their sins and get to berate her at every turn. Who hates her so much? Does Frank resent we love her more than his pets? More than Scummy and Snarly? They need to keep Morgan dead but make Avery his.

Willow is slooooooooowly growing on me. I'm just so tired of unconnected newbies they push on us. But Chase never bothered me and Swickard is so cute and charming and he actually tries. He's a great find.

I feel like JKJ has no interest, but I could be wrong. I imagine there's a reason they recast with John Paul Lavoisier. He was OK. Just too many tics at first. He settled in and I can see why they cast him, but I'd prefer Philip to not be someone they beat up on. Young would add a lot to him, but I feel like he's played this role before (JR and Rick).

Huh? Carnes/Lucas has been on since the 1980s? LOL what? Was that a typo Slick?

I'm SO ready for Brad's downfall. The problem I've had is that Lucas and Brad and Wiley were MIA for the majority of it up until now. We should have seen them with Wiley. Not just Brad in Julian's bar with Wiley as Michael randomly lingers for no reason. At least Bobbie and Lucas were finally included though. I also noticed they had Obrecht bring up Felix/Lucas when they were at Liz and that Goon's party on the Haunted Star.

Howarth is a GOON. I can't stand him and his hamming it up. Who on earth thinks this is compelling or interesting? Seriously ... WHO? Frank? Varni? I don't get it at all. He's awful. AWFUL. I feel so bad Liz is saddled with this loser and he's sadly been written as such a great love of hers. It makes me so angry. I also can't stand their stans on Twitter. They claim to be Becky/Liz fans but no one could be if they support Liz with a rapist (but then we're told "it was SO LONG AGO" get over it ... um, NO). Franco/Howarth is probably one of my biggest gripes.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I meant Lucas the character (born onscreen). He's been on/off forever, but being a Spencer/Jones, following in adopted Dad Tony's footsteps as a doctor, shouldn't he be a department head or something by now?  

Trina may be Thomas's illegitimate child???? or Curtis'???   

I like Swickard as well, but Wallow just comes off too "Mary Sue" for me. She lacks fire/spark (to me)  @dragonflies, Don't hate me.  If she sparks up, I'll lose the "a" and call her by name. I promise.

While I love Cynthia Watros, Nina continues to bore me. Sasha makes the scenes go by better, though.

Lulu...  blah blah blah.....

• Members

Forgot about Trina (and I like her!), so that's probably it. It just seemed everytime they were talking about Stella's geneology thing that they cut to Shiloh. lol. I thought "oh lord" ... but I'd rather it be Trina.

• Members

I am also skeptical that the alleged retirement isn't a firing.  For one thing, Ms. Altman is not retirement age, and has anyone else noticed that in the changing of the guard, for this "joyous retirement", there do not seem to be any accolades from the cast to Ms. Altman or congratulatory notes to Mr. O'Connor from anyone other than FV?