Y&R: Popular Actress Returns

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

nah, I think KSJ's death probably hit her hard (in that it gave her some perspective), and when Y&R approached her with an offer to return it was more than likely far above whatever she had wanted initially, and they promised her scenes with EB and MS and more story beyond Devon's d*ck, etc - it makes no sense to me that she would return unless the offer was BETTER than what Y&R had initially turned down during negotiations. And after KSJ's death she probably felt a bit like she should help carry the torch for POC in Genoa City a bit, and to look past whatever bitter feelings she had with showrunners.

• Members

I didn't say she caved, and it's Sony that hands out the $$$!

She's back, without nary a  hoopla of promotion, here's hoping that changes next week

Not a fan of TVSource, but they are the ones who broke the news that MM was returning on contract!

• Members

EB and MS? I don't think everyone on set measures their worth by if they are in story with Victor and Phyllis; MS wasn't even on set when Mishael decided to come back. This was on the works prior to the GT/MS switcheroo. 

I think there might be some projection here. Don't confuse your unhappiness with the orbit Mishael was in and stories her Hilary got with hers. There has been nothing mishael has ever said or did to indicate she was unhappy. She left over money. Not creative decisions. She's not MS. 

However, I do agree that KSJs death and coming back to set may have provided a bit of nostalgia and a responsibility to carry the torch. 

• Members

Oh, I know it's Sony. 

I also know they broke the news. But everything they say isn't fact or tea. More time than not they are giving opinions. This opinion about money is just that. An opinion. Much like them thinking the show wants mishael with a white male is just opinion. Though I agree with that to an extent cause I think the show has telegraphed Amanda's involvement with Adam, both professionally and personally, from the beginning. Adam and Devon aren't sharing random scenes for no reason. It's obvious. At least to me. 

• Members

I'm so happy about this. I'll finally have a reason to tune back in. God I hope she and MS have the same chemistry that she had with Gina as Phyllis if the show does plan to keep that friendship. I'm also super excited to her back in scenes with Peter Bergman, they had such a natural and easy friendship chemistry.