ajsp35801

Y&R: Popular Actress Returns

3 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

Mishael wasn't confined to Devon centric stories prior to her leaving. So what else is new?! 

surejan.gif

Listen to the podcast, maintain my stance on the timeline 

MM being a hardcore MS Stan was lovely to hear, and the gushing too 😎

ETA. She seemed pretty final bout Hiliary, don't get the impression Amanda leads to Hiliary...…...for now lol

22 hours ago, rlj said:

Listen to the podcast, maintain my stance on the timeline 

MM being a hardcore MS Stan was lovely to hear, and the gushing too 😎

ETA. She seemed pretty final bout Hiliary, don't get the impression Amanda leads to Hiliary...…...for now lol

I appreciate how committed mishael is to trying to make Amanda different from Hilary. Though I do get the feeling the show wants Hilary just named Amanda if we go by what Mishael says about the writing. But she plays it differently. Good for her 

I'm glad the show shot down the accent and the blonde wig. LMBO 

Regardless of timeline, I don't think Mishael's deal coming back had anything to do with story with EB or MS. While she'd enjoy it and has always spoke about phyllis being a favorite of hers, I doubt that had anything to do with her coming back. She laid out her reasons very honestly in that podcast. 

4 hours ago, detroitpiston said:

😕 The interview didn't give me much confidence. I don't see this role working out the way Hilary did and while I respect her for wanting to try something new this just sounds so....blah.

I need to see how amanda is written

From mishaels interview it seems the writers are writing her like hilary.

1 hour ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

I need to see how amanda is written

From mishaels interview it seems the writers are writing her like hilary.

Like I said the show wants Hilary but named Amanda. Mishael wants a completely new character.  I'm hoping her performance  distinguishes one from the other.

I was also hoping they don't have her doing the same nonsensical crap they had Hilary doing. There was very little rhyme or reason to her madness half the time. I'm not sure the audience will have the patience for that. 

25 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Like I said the show wants Hilary but named Amanda. Mishael wants a completely new character.  I'm hoping her performance  distinguishes one from the other.

I was also hoping they don't have her doing the same nonsensical crap they had Hilary doing. There was very little rhyme or reason to her madness half the time. I'm not sure the audience will have the patience for that. 

I hope they put her with someone other than Devon for a bit.

25 minutes ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

I hope they put her with someone other than Devon for a bit.

Who she's paired with are the least of my worries after listening to that podcast. Lol

7 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

I appreciate how committed mishael is to trying to make Amanda different from Hilary. Though I do get the feeling the show wants Hilary just named Amanda if we go by what Mishael says about the writing. But she plays it differently. Good for her 

I'm glad the show shot down the accent and the blonde wig. LMBO 

Regardless of timeline, I don't think Mishael's deal coming back had anything to do with story with EB or MS. While she'd enjoy it and has always spoke about phyllis being a favorite of hers, I doubt that had anything to do with her coming back. She laid out her reasons very honestly in that podcast. 

Again, never said it did, and already agreed with you on the underlined!

2 hours ago, Khan said:

Trust me: by this time next year, if she isn't really Hilary, she'll be Hilary in every way except her name.

That's obvious. Mishael already said the writers use the same voice as Hilary. She's the only one committed to a new character it seems

Edited by ajsp35801

5 hours ago, Khan said:

Trust me: by this time next year, if she isn't really Hilary, she'll be Hilary in every way except her name.

Cassiah, anyone? Though as CG has shown, despite the writers best efforts to revert to the original character, a skilled actor (like MM), has the ability to turn those same words/actions/situations into something fresh.

Plus, it's not like the soap landscape hasn't been populated by dozens of Hilary-like characters - magnetic, sensual, intelligent, scheming with a good heart, etc. It all started with Lisa Miller 50 years ago.