GH: June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I would rather have a completely new actor or Jackson.  I think he was miscast back then, and is still not right for Lucky.  He was great as JR and would have been a fantastic child of Jimmy Lee and Celia that went to live in Port Charles.  Just not Lucky.

• Members

If GH really wanted to give Sonny and Brenda a baby they could say they slept together after they kissed in 2003.  They met up afterward or something and slept together.  A lot of these random babies happen off screen.  Or it could be an SORAS'ed kid from 2010 which is more likely. Joss was a baby in 2010, so that would mostly fit the timeline.  Although literally the last thing Sonny needs ever is another child.  I do wish they would have given S&B one before he got every random woman in town pregnant.  I would easily sacrifice Dante, Kristina or Avery for an S&B baby (especially Kristina).

Well, I mean technically they should have found and actress that looked like CC since she was there first.  Seriously, Laura Wright fits the bill.

Someone that looked like Vanessa in the 90's?  I always thought Hunter Tylo looked a lot like VM before all the work they both had. I really don't know.  I think NLG would have made a good Julia recast honestly.  I wish they would have made it more clear that VM was obviously Hispanic.  I wish the woman who played Veronica was at least Hispanic, although the actress did look like her a bit ( I can't for the life of me remember her name).

I am sure GH could have found an actress that looked like VM to play her sister in the 90's.  The one thing GH has proven is they can find and hire anyone that resembles VM regardless of acting talent.

• Members

Oh I totally agree. I just feel like people hoping for some great fantasy storyline where Liz, Sarah, and Hayden are all onscreen together are fooling themselves. As long as Hayden is around and onscreen, she's going to be Liz's sole adult family in town, even if they have no relationship. They could have basically told the exact same story with Sarah that they did with Hayden but they didn't because they just don't care.

Like you said, they've heaps of chances to get a solid Sarah and they didn't. They had years to either bring back Carly Schroeder or get a good recast and they didn't do that either. They brought on Hayden and any number of interchangeable 20 somethings instead. At this point, you just have to assume it's disinterest.

As for people who want Dev to be Brenda's son, I just have to ask- why? How on earth would Brenda's son ever become a homeless teen who is a pickpocket? It's as absurd as the rumour that they're going to recast Robin (which will never happen) or the idea that Willow will turn out to be aforementioned Serena. How is exactly is that going to work out when Lucy, Kevin, and Scott have seen and interacted with Willow? They don't know what their kid looks like or where she is? I'm all for history but come on now with some of these ideas and suggestions. 

He was awful as Lucky and GH needs to be losing cast members, not bringing back old ones in new roles.

• Members

He looks like Brenda, and Brenda and her son are desperately needed on the canvas.

No one is saying Willow is Serena. It’s just that Willow’s story could’ve gone to Serena or Brook Lynn or Lila Rae instead of creating a random newbie with no legitimate ties to the canvas (and being Nina’s daughter is still not a legitimate tie).

Edited by Marlenaphan

• Members

The only time I think that had even the ghost of a chance is when it was widely disseminated around '14 - that Frank had wanted to try to get Budig in as Robin, citing Kimberly's availability (which was mostly his own choice). But that could well just be hate fanfic, which the absolutely idiotic new claim about Gina Tognoni is. (Angry Y&R fans with no connection to reality who are mad about Phyllis/Billy are suggesting Gina is lobbying to play Robin at GH to be re-paired with Thompson - come the fùck on.)