Celebrities on Soaps

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kevin Pollak appeared as himself on OLTL in the 80s doing a standup routine with impersonations. I also remember The Beach Boys singing Kokomo on OLTL. Phil Carey had a tv and movie career before joining the show.
Nolan Ryan, Johnny Mathis, Van Johnson, Otto Preminger and Christopher Reeve as themselves on RH. 
Star Trek's James Doohan on B&B. Ditto Dr. Joyce Brothers.
Randolph Mantooth was a prime time star before he started showing up on soaps like Loving. Jack Scalia was also better known outside of daytime prior to AMC. David Canary best known from Bonanza before soaps.
Celeste Holm on Loving.
Anna Lee on GH.

Actually...back to Ryan's Hope again...they snagged some old Hollywood stars....Sylvia Sidney, Gloria DeHaven, Gale Sondergaard, Joan Fontaine.

• Members

Boy, that Sammy Davis, Jr. sure loved his soaps, lol.  He was on GH, LOL and OLTL.

Years ago, I read in the AW anniversary book that Judy Garland was a fan of the show, and even recognized Constance Ford (Ada) during one of her concerts.  Too bad they never got Judy to make a cameo, though.

• Members

Early in Christopher Goutman's reign (of terror) as ATWT's EP, he had some rap/hip-hop group appear on the show.  I can't remember the group's name, just four or five guys, all sitting in chairs, rapping (or trying to) and singing (or trying to) and looking morose about appearing on some stupid soap opera.

Am I wrong, or didn't Mary J. Blige appear on OLTL along with Snoop?  Oh, and Ashford & Simpson were on OL as well, at the height of "Solid"-mania.

• Members

Yeah, I believe it was Viki's highschool reunion because I seem to recall Viki & Clint being there. The song had just come out. Mike Love mentioned that the appearance on the show helped to raise the song's visibility. John Stamos may have even been with them on drums at the time, I don't remember. I know I taped it at the time but don't know if I still have it.

Archived