The Media/Journalism Thread

• Members

After the NYT, among others, was involved in polling that proved yet again to be inaccurate (this time for the NY-03 special election), always-reliable Nate Cohn is there to spin it in just the right(-wing) way.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah this is not shocking knowing Musk, but why is Iran and Russia on that list. Sure we all know the state outlets for these countries are pure propaganda, but does that mean they get sanctioned by twitter. It's not like we don't have news outlets in the US that push propaganda on a regular basis all over social media.

• Members

The smile when the NPR hack claims that Trump is behaving "normally" is one of the clearest reminders I've seen of just how dirty and complicit the Beltway is. They are still, after a decade, here to tell us that Trump is normal and in the center.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Some of you really need to stop looking at any of the Beltway media as it relates to abortion. 1. They barely talk about it.  2. They pretend that a 16 week ban is viable - exactly what data do they think women are looking at to sacrifice our rights? 

They barely talk about it and when they do it's stupidity like this. Pay attention to elections and ignore these people. And if folks don't think that had an impact on the changes in Wisconsin also they are high. They want to continue to pretend this is not a big issue. It is the number one issue.

• Members

Seriously. Why do people continue to pay attention.  I will never forget the Friday before the 2022 midterms when all Joe Scarborough and his klan were doing on that show was spelling doomsday for the democrats in the midterms and how it was all about crime. And it was all about abortion as it will continue to be.  Is it because it's a womens issue - have no clue. I do know who runs the media so that may very well be the truth.

• Members

The reason I brought this up is not because I think the media has a great hold on the public with abortion conversation (2022 proved that) but because it's another example of how the media has gone out of its way to try to wishcast Trump as mainstream and a sensible conservative for the last 8-9 years. I do think that still has an impact, much as I wish it didn't. There are so many stupid people, and people like Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, Colin Jost, a million NYT/Washington Post reporters, what have you, who are well-paid to be stupid, who parrot both sides, why bother for change mentality.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Oh sorry don't think I was being critical of you posting that information. I think it's valuable to know what these folks are saying but it's not resonating. And on what wavelength do you think Bill Maher, Colin Jost, and even Jon Stewart has influence. I have talked to actual women who vote and are voting in 2024. I am working again with NARAL and am talking to independent and suburban GOP women.  None of what these men are saying represent how most women feel. I guarantee you this has nothing to do with 16 weeks, 20 weeks or whatever, women are not thinking about compromise. They are thinking their freedoms have been taken away period. 

Bill Maher really? Who on earth listens to him about abortion or Colin Jost. No women I know or have talked to. Listen I love Jon Stewart, but this is not the same world he performed in on the Daily Show. People in the millions are not watching Comedy Central for him.

I'm honestly tired of having to defend this issue as important to mostly men who don't understand how women view this. Apparently, that includes people posting here. Good lord even Mika Brezinksi is finally talking about abortion as a healthcare issue and that was a long time coming for her. She finally gets how women view this. 

And just a note. The media was wrong about that election in NY.  My neice lives in that district and said it was never close. Tom Suozzi is a long time resident, respected, and well liked. There was never a chance he was going to lose. And according to her had he run in 2022 he would have won the seat. Holy hell, democrats can win every gosh darn special election, and we are still behind the 8 ball.

Edited by JaneAusten