• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well it's good to see that Elon's visit to Israel did no good. I am horrified that Netanyahu welcomed him but not surprised. Netanyahu uses all sorts of reasons to justify the far right attacks on people of Jewish faith all over the world. He cozied up to Orban, made excuses from that horrific demonstration in Charlottesville, and even minimized the massacre at the Tree of Life Synagogue. It's just ridiculous to me to see US politicians going after Tik Toc and ignoring the cesspool of twitter and it's owner.

• Members

Perhaps other leaders will now feel “safe” to crawl out of the “global sewer” but I really don’t understand why some people didn’t recognize how truly awful a human being is Musk until now. Why didn’t these folks leave X when Musk took over the platform last year? He was just as awful last year at this time. It reminds me of all those folks who insisted that we all have a “wait and see” attitude when Trump was rising to power and even after his hideous inauguration speech, while some of us continually cited evidence of his racism and predatory behavior. At this point, I doubt that people will ever learn.

The optics of Musk and Netanyahu together in Israel are truly awful. It really appears that Gazans and Israelis have the worst leaders possible at this moment, leaders that seem bound to making sure that the people will be in continuous conflict, if not all out war. I peeped who Netanyahu was in his treatment of Obama ,who Netanyahu seemed to regard as being beneath him. I am at the point where I barely want to read a newspaper because I feel like I am constantly reading about leader after leader making ruinous decision after ruinous decision and then the people who keep them in power or threaten to elect even more extreme figures to replace them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Credit where it is due to Kasie Hunt: She runs him down in this thread.

Embeds are failing, so I would post more about the WP buyout/layoffs and James Bennet's latest, insanely long screed in The Economist about how emotional liberals are to blame for him being fired from the Times over that infamous Tom Cotton op-ed, but I'll wait.

• Members

Well, this is odd.

Polish state TVP Info channel off air as Tusk reforms kick in

Not surprising that Polish TV news had been accused of airing manipulated clips and propaganda, given their previous leadership but that news anchor just walking off like that just seemed abrupt and a bit jarring.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow, with Pitchfork getting downsized and absorbed into GQ, the LA Times laying off workers, and now Sports Illustrated firing their entire staff, it’s been a brutal week for print media and online journalism: