The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So many loathsome, hateful people there - Ken Klippenstein and Ryan Grim possibly the worst. Someone said it's like Gawker's ending all over again, especially the delusion.

Speaking of loathsome, hateful people, here is the NYT platforming one of the scummiest grifters and liars around. I would say I'm shocked, but that paper would clone Hitler if it got them another book deal.

• Members

One of the most brutal takedowns (and worst interview responses from a subject in the hot seat) that I've read in awhile. And sad for WAMU/DCist, two mainstays of my hometown.

• Members

This "reporter" did a puff piece on Nancy Mace. 

As for Jane Mayer, who presumably is missing those sugar high days with Ronan Farrow, these are the death throes of an establishment media that went out of their way to be as gossipy and small as possible and don't understand why no one takes them seriously anymore. 

• Members

The usual NYT projecting and condescending moments. I loathe that they simultaneously chide Democrats for thinking Biden might win even as they bend over backwards to remind us of how well Trump is doing. I don't know any Democrats who are blithely assuming Biden is going to win - whether you believe the polls are not, they are very clear in most of their narrative, enough to cause angst galore. 

Edited by DRW50