• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

It is a weird career move from political website The Messenger to Us Weekly.  I had to double-check that it was not US News and World Report.  But, I guess everyone needs a job.   

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dan-wakeford-editor-in-chief-of-doomed-news-outlet-the-messenger-lands-at-us-weekly

In fact, he seems more suited for print media focused on the lives of reality stars, than a centrist source for political news which may have been part of the problem at his prior gig.

"The press release from the entertainment mag’s parent company notably made no mention of Wakeford’s most recent gig at the doomed media startup. Instead, A360media’s announcement focused on Wakeford’s “20 years of experience in the media industry” and “proven track record of success,” including his time as editor-in-chief of People, entertainment director of Entertainment Weekly, and head editor at In Touch Weekly. "

Edited by j swift

• Members

It seems to have gotten a flat result, if polling is ever accurate, although that's common with SOTU. The flap over the "illegal" comment seemed to distract a lot of people who should have known better.

• Members

I'm thinking less about immediate polling (though CNN's after the SOTU was very good for Biden) and more about changing the conversation and thrust of the election, which it did, dramatically.  The illegal thing didn't go far outside of random segments of Twitter, and Biden did walk it back.

• Members
Posted (edited)

@DramatistDreamer & @DRW50Don Lemon's show was supposed to premiere on Monday, 3/18, so it was cancelled before it began.

Now, he's going to host it on his own website with the full Elon interview.

But, the biggest irony is that he was on CNN as an “exclusive” last night, after they fired him last April.  I don't know who I expect to have more self-respect, Don or CNN.  But, don't go back to the folks that scorned you last time, to tell about being scorned by someone else today!  It's like crying on the shoulder of the last guy who dumped you, when your new boyfriend cheats on you.

Edited by j swift