2019: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He apparently was the one that made some of the scripts correctly acknowledge history that was ignored over the years.....I’d choose him as HW for bold any day over Thudley but too late now...

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

To show how old I am, I still remember Patrick Mulcahey penning that odd as hell episode on Santa Barbara, "The Capwell Zone", where Mason and Julia were aliens trying to get drippy Greg Richards to accept his Capwell roots. I recall reading in SOD how either NLG or Lane Davies said Mulcahey wrote their dialogue in iambic pentameter.

The man had mad skills.

And then he penned a great period of GH as far as NLG's Alexis/Natasha roots and Helena's resurgence/Stefan's intro went.

I miss when good writers were just allowed to write without networks screwing them over.

• Members

His work on Guiding Light and GH was pretty amazing.  I’ve never paid attention to B&B.

I can’t imagine a worse fit than with him and Valentini.  Valentini is all plot first, and only.  I always thought Mulcahey wrote for character first, and if that moved the plot forward great.  But it did it with depth and reflection and sometimes wit.

• Members

I’ve enjoyed Mulcahey’s Tweets in recent months talking about his time at GL and working with both Marland and Curlee/Demorest (he loved both of those stints and those people)

That said, I don’t think the current daytime climate is the right place for anyone with a creative mindset. He’s better off trying to create a show for some nice cable network.

• Members

ICAM.

Patrick Mulcahey is truly the best thing that ever happened to the otherwise execrable B&B.  Bradley Bell will be lost without him.

Or steaming.  Hell, I might even watch Jamey Giddens' crapfest of a show if Mulcahey were to join his staff.  (Not that I'm wishing "Ambitions" on the likes of Patrick Mulcahey, lol!)

If Patrick Mulcahey actually reads SON, please know that I'd be down for a series set around the S&M world if he's the one behind it.  Just saying!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I definitely think it's sad he's leaving B&B, but his talents were wasted there. As long as Bradley Bell is still HW, everybodys talents are wasted on that silly show. I'd love to see him in daytime (Y&R for example), but as yall said, he'd be wasting his time. Hopefully he does get a surprising primetime or streaming gig.