Toups

2019: The Directors and Writers Thread

Fran Myers wrote her first "Days" script today in 18 years.

Here's the write-up I did for my FB page:

Long-time "Days" script editor Fran Myers, who has been in that role off-and-on since 1999, was also credited as the script writer for the September 16, 2019 episode. Myers was a full-time script writer with "Days" from 1992-1999, and once becoming the script editor in 1999, still kept writing occasionally from 1999-2001. Her last script, # 9155, aired October 11, 2001. 4,526 episodes have aired since her last script. "Guiding Light" fans may remember her as an actress, where she played Peggy Fletcher from 1965-1980.

17 hours ago, JAS0N47 said:

Fran Myers wrote her first "Days" script today in 18 years.

Here's the write-up I did for my FB page:

Long-time "Days" script editor Fran Myers, who has been in that role off-and-on since 1999, was also credited as the script writer for the September 16, 2019 episode. Myers was a full-time script writer with "Days" from 1992-1999, and once becoming the script editor in 1999, still kept writing occasionally from 1999-2001. Her last script, # 9155, aired October 11, 2001. 4,526 episodes have aired since her last script. "Guiding Light" fans may remember her as an actress, where she played Peggy Fletcher from 1965-1980.

Awesome to see her back

22 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

Wow, isn't he like 100 by now? 

You beat me to it. I always though he was the same age like his (deceased) writing partner Barbara Essensten. But I think I've never seen a picture and read something that he is old... Maybe he was rather young when he started writing Dynasty with her?

2 hours ago, sheilaforever said:

You beat me to it. I always though he was the same age like his (deceased) writing partner Barbara Essensten. But I think I've never seen a picture and read something that he is old... Maybe he was rather young when he started writing Dynasty with her?

James H. Brown is 70 year old. 

I had heard rumors that Altman was out as of October scripts but I was surprised to see this article that mentions O'Connor as co-head with Chris. Has his name replaced Altman in the credits?

https://michaelfairmantv.com/gh-head-writers-chris-van-etten-and-dan-oconnor-reveal-more-details-on-michael-e-knights-new-soap-role/2019/09/18/

Brown & Esensten together . IMDB shows him last writing at AMC in 2011. She died Nov. 14, 2012. image.png

Edited by Donna B
Add data.

2 hours ago, glfaninnyc said:

Shelly Altman out of the GH credits today. O’Connor and Van Etten listed as Headwriters

Thank you for this update. I've been wondering when it was going to happen.