Closeted (gay) actors formerly on the soaps

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Curt Dawson  acted in As he World Turns (I think as Elizabeth Talbot Stewart's brother), The Guiding Light (maybe when Dr. Werner was working in England), Another World, Search for Tomorrow, and The Adams Chronicles.

I don't know about his sexuality, but Larry Riley (from The Doctors) also died from the AIDS virus.

Howard Rollins (from Another World) did also.   And Gene Lindsey (Dark Shadows, The Doctors) was also a gay actor.

• Members

I was going to put on my previous post that he had a rugged look to him that I loved. I don't recall if his character on ATWT abused Julie or not but always thought Frank was such a better catch than fugly Caleb. There was no competition....LOL

And yes even though he had that masculine look he was very boyish.......I don't think I'd use to word butch to describe him though....LOL

• Members

I remember seeing on Datalounge that Paul Stevens might have been/probably was. 

I don't usually ponder this kind of thing too much, but in watching some of the late '80s Another World episodes available on YT, I ponder about Kale Browne sometimes. Based on absolutely nothing other than something I just can't put my finger on.

• Members

My friend did King Lear with him and said that he was an absolute monster. So much so that the cast was not on speaking terms with him. I found this to be so sad and disappointing as I'd always appreciated his work. I read that Beverlee McKinsey wanted him to play Alan after Christopher Bernau left the role.

• Members

I always lusted after Paul Stevens on AW.   So handsome!  There were so many good looking men on the soaps.  Anthony George 

was another... Robert Gentry, Chris Bernau, Joel Crothers, Michael Corbett. They didn't call it love in the afternoon for nothing!

Is it confirmed that Gregg Marx is gay?   Another dreamboat!

• Members

Yes.

There's only one man on daytime who STILL could make my toes curl, and that's Philip Brown (ex-Buck, LOVING/THE CITY; ex-Brian, KNOTS; ex-Neil, THE COLBYS; ex-Steve, SFT; et al).  I saw him again recently on a commercial and...uh huh....

Please register in order to view this content

I read that, too.  God bless Bev, but I don't think that would have worked.  Chris Bernau always found the humanity within that character.  He could make me care about Alan even when Alan was behaving abominably toward others.  I think Daniel Davis' interpretation would have been too smarmy and Snidely Whiplash-esque, much like Ron Raines' version became.

OTOH, I wouldn't have minded DD putting in a short-term appearance as Eric Luvonaczek (sp?).  I think he could have played the struggling (musical) artist/sniveling heel very well.

Edited by Khan