DNBursky

Closeted (gay) actors formerly on the soaps

10 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

We forgot Scott Evans...ex-Fish OLTL

ScottEvans28.jpg

Looking at this pic...I just realized RC loved to have the guys in only towels...LOL...he is doing the same thing on Days.....LOL

10 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Looking at this pic...I just realized RC loved to have the guys in only towels...LOL...he is doing the same thing on Days.....LOL

DwG-op1UwAA_0NK.jpg

Edited by victoria foxton

Ben Piazza (Jonas Falk on Love of Life, and he was on The Doctors) was bi-sexual.  (He was also a novelist and a playwriter.)

Also, David Rounds (Love of Life and also a writer) was gay.

I have also heard that Peter White (The Secret Storm, Love Is a Many Splendored Thing, All My Children) was gay.

Edited by danfling

I’m sure this has been posted before, but...

3_9_81_750x1000.jpg

And Bernau talking about his “bachelor lifestyle”:

He keeps his personal options open as well, living the bachelor life out of his two-room apartment on Manhattan’s Upper West Side. “When I’m happily involved with a woman, I don’t look around for someone else,” he explains, but cautions, “I’m going out with two or three girls now. I’ve never been and at the moment am not looking to get married. I like living alone. A tough workday makes me short-tempered or quiet. I’m not good company.”

And Corbett:

Corbett, who neither smokes nor drinks and spends much of his limited free time pumping iron in a midtown gym, the better for his two or three shirtless scenes per week. But life isn’t all perspiration and paychecks. He’s been able to apply some of his Method acting to life off-camera. “When you learn something that works,” explains Corbett, who is romantically unattached, “you use it.” Namely? “What’s most appealing,” he says, “is staring a woman right in the eyes, standing very close, and speaking softly.”

https://people.com/archive/cover-story-wheres-the-beef-vol-15-no-9/

I almost didn't recognize Bernau  in that pic. He looks so darn adorable. What's the real story behind his death? Was it lime disease that was reported or was it AIDS related? 

2 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I almost didn't recognize Bernau  in that pic. He looks so darn adorable. What's the real story behind his death? Was it lime disease that was reported or was it AIDS related? 

I’m watching 1979, and he was stunning with a beard. I’ve always heard his death was from AIDS complications. 

See I thought the beard on Bernau brought out a kind of dirty, primal masculinity that you didn’t always see with him. The beard did a similar thing for Roger Moore when he was a bit older.

Bernau was handsome regardless, though (I love this sweater/jacket combo):

6779209_1401736565.jpg

eb229b74af96d5cbf4059996746c4871--michae

Edited by Costello