John

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watch Andy Cohen play Brian Kinney. 

Please register in order to view this content

I'll check it out. If it's anything of the caliber similar to Bravo's current scripted show, Dirty John (starring Golden Globe nominee Connie Britton), then I'm all in. 

I'd be interested in a "new generation" depicting life in 2019 and beyond, with the originals making cameos or supportive roles in their original characters. They're the old guard now, remembering how things "used to be," versus being the up and coming 30-year-old crowd nearly 20 years ago. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I will tell you that having all the leads being white didn't make sense, but than I have to remember that they were older than I was.. so perhaps that was how gay men hung out back in the late 90s.

I live in Chicago, and the gay population is diverse (though it's interesting that the three or four main areas of gay club hotspots have different demographics/clienteles).  I could see someone like Brian going to the hot-spot as a 50 something guy thinking he's still hot stuff and being told he was too old/fat/etc.. and to go to another club (true story, it happened to one of my friends when he had put on a little weight and was told he was too fat to be let in).

There are so many avenues the powers that be could do with this show.. and Andy Cohen doesn't oversee production on scripted/unscripted shows anymore (or at least ones in development)... so there might be a chance of some depth being infused in these shows (and yes.. a little male backside is always a nice touch

• Members

Scarlet... but I heard Minibar was known for doing that.  I never had a problem even when I was a little heavier as long as I wore my Stonewall kickball t shirt

Alas, they don't exist anymore so obviously they turned away a lot of peeps.

• Members

Yeah, I'm not sure about this one either. I also felt "Looking" was a tad overpraised.

I guess it did face some criticism, that does ring a bell when you bring it up. I guess my impression overtime is that it's been a bit overpraised but yeah it did get some criticism early on. It wasn't very good, lol.

I mean, I appreciate they are doing shows with gay leads, and it matters, but at the same time, none of these shows have been all that appealing to me, personally, for a variety of reasons.

Edited by KMan101