Queer As Folk Reboot Bravo Bound

John

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have to admit they're striking the right tone for the streaming service. They had pulled me in with Saved by the Bell but I'm here for Beyond Salem and I'll definitely check this out once it hits the service. 

While I appreciated it for what it was at the time, I didn't love the Showtime version of QAF. The depressing setting never helped. I love this version will be in New Orleans. That alone interests me.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I mean it's the Chicago Law & Order Voice network. LOL. Nothing against those shows but zzzzz

I also think a lot of their sitcoms have been vastly overrated, same with CBS but NBC and CBS have found what works I guess

Streaming is the new age once you get through the clutter

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Some set/BTS/offset photos from New Orleans, including Kim Cattrall and Ed Begley, Jr. This is definitely a blacker and browner QAF.

The first pic is of the showrunner Stephen Dunn and Kim

Please register in order to view this content

@Johnpossible to update the title since it’s on Peacock?

• Members

Her character is described as a “martini-soaked, high-society Southern debutante with trailer park roots.” She looks amazing.

I’m super excited about the reboot. It’s pretty much everything I’d want in a new QAF: more diverse, not just a revival of the Showtime series. Writers with a strong pedigree beyond just campy dramas. Some great, well-known actors in recurring or supporting roles (KC, Ed Begley, Juliette Lewis). An interesting, very gay, culturally rich setting in the Deep South (New Orleans) and not another show set in a tired coastal city (NYC, LA, SF).

• Members

I agree. If it’s just a bunch of ticked boxes, they can keep it. I do wonder what tone the show will strike. They have a character who’s a “self-aggrandizing influencer” so I’m sure it’ll include a lot of topical humor. Lots of things about the U.K. original and the Showtime version probably wouldn’t fly today. And seeing men have sex with each on screen isn’t as novel as it was 20 years ago. I keep hearing they’re aiming for a spring release on Peacock, so I guess we’ll hear about it soon enough. 

Maybe! Not sure.