Jump to content
slick jones

GH: December 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, titan1978 said:

 

This show is filled with bland nobodies eating up screentime.

This! Watched today after a long time not watching and felt this way. Today's show was bland and boring. Who is this Oscar person? A new Cameron? Sonny is still a waste and so is Carly....old Carly is on too.....didn't see much of anything going on ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

This! Watched today after a long time not watching and felt this way. Today's show was bland and boring. Who is this Oscar person? A new Cameron? Sonny is still a waste and so is Carly....old Carly is on too.....didn't see much of anything going on ....

GH goes through the motions. But there's no spark of life. All the remaining soaps have that deadening tonality.  Cluttered with a mass assortment of ill conceived unlikable characters. I try watching but seeing the look of entitlement in Sonny's face. Or Jason and Drew's blank expressions. Is a real turn off. Even watching once in a blue moon is a real chore for me. I used to love to hate watch it. Just to goof it. But even that stopped becoming fun ages ago. 

Edited by victoria foxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 10:35 PM, AlexElizabeth said:

Is anyone actually into Anna and Finn together? I don't hate them, I just don't care at all when they're on screen. If they broke up tomorrow I wouldn't be sad, and I wouldn't really be happy either. I'm just completely apathetic about them, besides thinking Anna/Finola deserves better, though I don't really mind Finn that much and find him kind of comical sometimes.

 

They do have a modest fanbase on Twitter but I completely agree. They're just so blah. Anna and McBain sparked decently and made sense but Anna and Finn are just too incompatible. As a result, they've basically changed his entire character from idiosyncratic doctor to Scorpio-lite with accompanying Anna on missions and Duke-lite with the dancing. Outside of his sarcasm, everything that defined Finn to begin with has been watered down.

 

I don't understand the obsession of making sure Finola has a new leading man every year or so when there was never any problem with her chemistry with Ian Buchanan or Tristan Rogers. There's just no logic behind it. In the last six years, we had Michael Easton as McBain, Luke, Faison (masquerading as Duke, then this awful newly conconcted history I can't even stomach), Duke, whomever Grayson McCouch was playing, Andre... there was even a time there where they were testing her with Paul before they did a total rewrite and made him a serial killer. I just don't get it. There hasn't been enough spark between her and any of these guys so it's just a constant revolving door. Terrible. Not to mention the Peter s**t has all but destroyed Anna's character and made her unrecognizable. 

Edited by alexisfan07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, alexisfan07 said:

. I just don't get it. There hasn't been enough spark between her and any of these guys so it's just a constant revolving door. Terrible. 

 

Don't forget Valentin and his obsession with her.  (Grayson and another dude played some agent she'd mentored. He was responsible for raping Paul's daughter Susan, which set off Paul's murder spree)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, P.J. said:

 

Don't forget Valentin and his obsession with her.  (Grayson and another dude played some agent she'd mentored. He was responsible for raping Paul's daughter Susan, which set off Paul's murder spree)

 

Good call, how could I forget Valentin! Worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone care about Nina, besides people who like her just because they liked MS on Y&R?

 

Seriously, does anyone care about her role in this Charlotte bullying storyline? She's so out of place and I can't imagine that anyone is rooting for her seeing as she's a horrific step mother. The only reason anyone would be on Nina's side is simply because they don't like Lulu.

Does anyone care if Nina and Valentin reunite? Not to mention their relationship is literally just the same crap over and over again. Nina decides to trust him and then he lies to her again, and she's shocked and devastated. Yawn.

Does anyone care if Nina finds her real daughter?

 

I'm guessing no to all. Why is this character shoved down our throats every day? Her relationship with Maxie is okay to watch, but that's about it. I'm tired of watching her get shoehorned into all kinds of scenes and story lines.

 

Speaking of Maxie... is anyone actually feeling her and Peter together? Their scenes are like watching paint dry for me. Doesn't help that I don't like Peter in general and the actor is terrible.

 

I still can't believe how much air time the Oscar story is getting.

 

The Ryan story continues to be the only one worth watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not feeling this stuff with Mike and his married girlfriend who also has Alzheimer's.

 

Aiden is a cute kid, I'm surprised how long they've kept the same actor around. I think he's been on since way back when Liz was with Ewen. I don't love watching an 8 year old feel bad about himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That computer game scene with Aiden gave me a really dark thought about this storyline. I hope they don't have him try to hurt himself or anything. That's such a heavy story for a young kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 1:04 AM, alexisfan07 said:

 

They do have a modest fanbase on Twitter but I completely agree. They're just so blah. Anna and McBain sparked decently and made sense but Anna and Finn are just too incompatible. As a result, they've basically changed his entire character from idiosyncratic doctor to Scorpio-lite with accompanying Anna on missions and Duke-lite with the dancing. Outside of his sarcasm, everything that defined Finn to begin with has been watered down.

 

I don't understand the obsession of making sure Finola has a new leading man every year or so when there was never any problem with her chemistry with Ian Buchanan or Tristan Rogers. There's just no logic behind it. In the last six years, we had Michael Easton as McBain, Luke, Faison (masquerading as Duke, then this awful newly conconcted history I can't even stomach), Duke, whomever Grayson McCouch was playing, Andre... there was even a time there where they were testing her with Paul before they did a total rewrite and made him a serial killer. I just don't get it. There hasn't been enough spark between her and any of these guys so it's just a constant revolving door. Terrible. Not to mention the Peter s**t has all but destroyed Anna's character and made her unrecognizable. 

3

 

Unfortunately, it looks like Michael Easton as Finn is the one who finally stuck. She's gotten more with him any of those other guys. She has gotten more with him than she did with Duke for their second time around. 😩

On 12/14/2018 at 3:04 PM, P.J. said:

 

Don't forget Valentin and his obsession with her.  (Grayson and another dude played some agent she'd mentored. He was responsible for raping Paul's daughter Susan, which set off Paul's murder spree)

 

Grayson played the dude she mentored. The original actor came back to play Sloane because GM wasn't interested in returning to the show when FH came back from vacation that summer just to play Sloane being killed.

Edited by dawn9476

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...