GH: December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This! Watched today after a long time not watching and felt this way. Today's show was bland and boring. Who is this Oscar person? A new Cameron? Sonny is still a waste and so is Carly....old Carly is on too.....didn't see much of anything going on ....

GH goes through the motions. But there's no spark of life. All the remaining soaps have that deadening tonality.  Cluttered with a mass assortment of ill conceived unlikable characters. I try watching but seeing the look of entitlement in Sonny's face. Or Jason and Drew's blank expressions. Is a real turn off. Even watching once in a blue moon is a real chore for me. I used to love to hate watch it. Just to goof it. But even that stopped becoming fun ages ago. 

• Members

They do have a modest fanbase on Twitter but I completely agree. They're just so blah. Anna and McBain sparked decently and made sense but Anna and Finn are just too incompatible. As a result, they've basically changed his entire character from idiosyncratic doctor to Scorpio-lite with accompanying Anna on missions and Duke-lite with the dancing. Outside of his sarcasm, everything that defined Finn to begin with has been watered down.

I don't understand the obsession of making sure Finola has a new leading man every year or so when there was never any problem with her chemistry with Ian Buchanan or Tristan Rogers. There's just no logic behind it. In the last six years, we had Michael Easton as McBain, Luke, Faison (masquerading as Duke, then this awful newly conconcted history I can't even stomach), Duke, whomever Grayson McCouch was playing, Andre... there was even a time there where they were testing her with Paul before they did a total rewrite and made him a serial killer. I just don't get it. There hasn't been enough spark between her and any of these guys so it's just a constant revolving door. Terrible. Not to mention the Peter s**t has all but destroyed Anna's character and made her unrecognizable. 

• Members

Does anyone care about Nina, besides people who like her just because they liked MS on Y&R?

Seriously, does anyone care about her role in this Charlotte bullying storyline? She's so out of place and I can't imagine that anyone is rooting for her seeing as she's a horrific step mother. The only reason anyone would be on Nina's side is simply because they don't like Lulu.

Does anyone care if Nina and Valentin reunite? Not to mention their relationship is literally just the same crap over and over again. Nina decides to trust him and then he lies to her again, and she's shocked and devastated. Yawn.

Does anyone care if Nina finds her real daughter?

I'm guessing no to all. Why is this character shoved down our throats every day? Her relationship with Maxie is okay to watch, but that's about it. I'm tired of watching her get shoehorned into all kinds of scenes and story lines.

Speaking of Maxie... is anyone actually feeling her and Peter together? Their scenes are like watching paint dry for me. Doesn't help that I don't like Peter in general and the actor is terrible.

I still can't believe how much air time the Oscar story is getting.

The Ryan story continues to be the only one worth watching.

• Members

Unfortunately, it looks like Michael Easton as Finn is the one who finally stuck. She's gotten more with him any of those other guys. She has gotten more with him than she did with Duke for their second time around. 

Please register in order to view this content

Grayson played the dude she mentored. The original actor came back to play Sloane because GM wasn't interested in returning to the show when FH came back from vacation that summer just to play Sloane being killed.

Archived