GH: December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I’m so happy I decided to start watching GH again! This month looks like it was the perfect time to start. Maura West is one of my favoritism actresses and she has been phenomenal. Not only with the fallout from  Kiki’s death but also the build up. The soft, sensual chemistry with “Kevin” and the fight with Kiki were so strong that it propelled the death scenes even more. I didn’t think she’d find as interesting a character as Carly, but I love Ava. I hope Ryan continues to kill off well known characters before he goes.

They could afford to lose a couple people and the story has potential. So far I’m enjoying the show in terms of the cast and production values, but it often lacks momentum. If they had a really strong storyteller they’d be all set because the cast is good. 

*praying Ryan gets Nina next*

I never thought Michelle Stanford could get more annoying than the final years of Phyllis but she had proved me wrong here. Idk if she’s well received, but she truly serves no purpose and just seems like a cartoonish clown when she shows up. 

Last question, has the trans doctor had any hints of romance with anybody?

• Members

Thanks.  That was during one of the periods when I only checked in on the show here.

I just want to se Chase and Michael make out.

Nina has no business in the story about Charlotte.  None. 

She also had a scene with Liz at her home.  I think it was at Liz’s House.

• Members

To be fair, that's 75% of the cast at any given time. I don't think she's anything special in the acting department,  but they've done nothing to give her a pov about anything other than her gender identity. 

• Members

No she's not well-received. I'm pretty sure at least 80% of the fans dislike or even hate her. Nina has never served a purpose and she's been on the show for 4.5 years. If people like her, it's because they like Michelle Stafford from her time on Y&R. That's about it.

She had some nice scenes with Liz a few weeks ago where we got a bit of perspective about why chose her career path and how hard it is for her when patients don't make it. Naturally, this was all about Oscar, but it was nice. But yes, she has appeared in 7 episodes, about one a month on average. She doesn't really serve a purpose outside of trans visibility, which I respect in its own right, but GH should be less obvious about their political agenda and weave her into more stories if they want us to consider her an actual cast member. I agree that she's nothing special in the acting department but she's gotten better and is at least trying, which I can't say for all of the cast members, especially the veteran ones.

• Members

It amazes me that she's still around considering. Usually if the soap swaps don't work they get rid of them after a year or two. Speaking of, does Steve Burton actually do anything? In the month I've watched it's like he's hardly there and when he is on screen Sam and Jason don't do much. I grew to love him on Y&R and hated when he left, but I figured he'd have a good story at GH since they used to be obsessed with Sonny and Jason. 

• Members

Griffin and Kiki and the teacher and Michael have the same issues for me-  the dialogue is so bad and so stilted for people their ages, that it all just seems hokey.  Same with the teens, although I like Cameron so far and he seems to at least get that just saying the words is not enough.

I get that it is more noticeable with them because the better actors on the show make the crappy dialogue more palatable.

I’m so frustrated with this show.  This HW team is producing stories that I like, featuring a decent amount of the cast in interesting ways.  But the pacing and the dialogue is awful, and a few key casting issues are keeping the show from really being the best it has been since early Carlivati.

I am kind of shocked that they showed Jordan and Curtis in bed together post wedding.  Maybe they are really gong to invest in them.

Archived