GH: November 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the premise for Sam on paper - treasure hunter, etc. - worked. And when she first came on she looked wonderful, cleanscrubbed, like Ali MacGraw. The pairing with Jax might even have been workable. But the network presold it with no audience investment, the potentially interesting story was botched and silly, and Guza had no interest in Jax and was trying to retrofit someone to replace Brenda. Thus all that disappeared.

• Members

I am not complaining about Sonny/Sam.  It was such an obvious placeholder for what they wanted for Brenda I don't even care.  The rise of KM is more disturbing because she brings nothing but zzzzz. and boobs to the table.  I hate Carson but at least Laura tries with it.  No one will ever be Brenda #sorrynotsorry she will always be my queen, but Sam is just a low rent replacement.

• Members

I agree.  I thought she was good on PC.  She has never been high energy, but her monotone voice is the least of my problems with her.  It's the fact that KM looks like she is not even attempting to act.  I think the Jasam pairing really killed her will to act at all.   She showed spark as Sam when she was slutty and evil and when she was with Lucky, but when your main character trait for the last 15 years has been Jason's girl that's not a lot to work with.  I get the feeling Jasam is probably the most popular pairing on GH these days, but I am bored, Steve looks bored, and Kelly looks bored.  Any JaSam/Kelly fan on this board feel free to chime in and tell me I am wrong.

• Members

Am I crazy or is KM a little old to be Nikki?  I mean I would have to look up Jordana Brewster vs. KM's ages but Kelly looks older.  Like too old to play Nikki in 2004.  Sam was an adult when introduced in 2003 enough to be in relationships with Sonny/Jax.  I know they made Sam younger to fit the Alexis thing, but  I can't see her as Nikki at all.  Also, since Sam was aged to be born in 1981 it's kinda creepy Jax/Sonny were into a 21/22 year old.

• Members

Well, I looked it up and Monaco is four years older than Brewster. But by 03/04, Monaco would've been 27/28, and Jennifer Ferrin was in the role of Nikki's younger sister Jen, who was between 21-25 yrs old, so it would've been appropriate, age wise. 

I mainly can't see Monaco in the role because she's a blatant sexpot, and that would've required an 180 shift in who Nikki was brought on as--a newbie FBI agent who transers to the OPD. 

And talk mind-trippy....I just really realized ATWT's Carly gave birth to Sage in June 03, and GH Carly gave birth to Morgan in October of 03 (or 04). Which means Sage is older than Morgan.

Please register in order to view this content

Archived