Star Trek: Picard

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wasn't aware of it, but apparently this season of Picard is half or less the budget of DSC and the first season. They have been cannibalizing a lot of the prior seasons' sets much more than I would ever have realized. It reminds me of how Paramount nickel and dimed Nicholas Meyer's Trek films (Khan and The Undiscovered Country), the best of the lot. They're making a lower budget work. But I am glad to know Paramount is still committed to Trek with SNW and very possibly a Titan spinoff.

• Members

Since they did Picard 2 & 3 together, of course they could save money. Things like having the same director doing two episodes at the same time also is a savings and they don’t seem to have a lot of sets, less remotes than earlier Picard. 

I am glad that we are finally seeing spoiler…miss them.

• Members

Really killer scenes between the guest last week and Picard (leaving their name out in case anyone has still not watched lol). Just such good emotion and the payoff was excellent. Nothing against the TNG cast and Jeri Ryan- all of whom are doing great work- but it was nice to see Patrick Stewart get the chance to act opposite someone who was a little more up to some serious acting. Never knew I need that pay off till now, but lad we got it all these years later.

@Vee Good to see some confirmation on what Amanda Plummer's whole deal is. I figured as much, but it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Now just wondering what Jack's whole vibe is with his visions.

Thrilled that person is back this and I think we see 

Please register in order to view this content

Excited to see what they've got goin on with SNW. Not surprised about the lower budget, but they can make that work for SNW and a Titan/Legacy show for sure. I had no idea the costs for Discovery had ballooned up that much. Oof.

• Members

I assume most of the available coin also went/will go to SNW and would also go to a new show. PIC's last cycle just got the short end.

I thought everyone last week was great including the guest I will reluctantly elide mentioning for a day or two more, but I will say I think Gates especially plus Jeri Ryan, Frakes, Dorn, etc. are all doing excellent work too. I don't think anyone is being left in the dust atm.

Edited by Vee

• Members

They are getting a helluva lot of use out of the Ten-Foward Los Angeles set, not that I'm complaining. It's a nice set and a logical move to have re-use it by having Picard set it up as a holodeck program on the Titan.

• Members

i'll be the one: Jack and Sidney LaForge have serious chemistry. I'm onboard with that. The Jack/Seven scenes were also wonderful. How tight and choked Jeri Ryan's delivery got when they got to Voyager moved me.

Another really excellent episode.