Star Trek: Picard

• Members

I don't have any great desire to see to see Sela again either, but I've seen a lot of people like bummed out she hasn't popped up yet. I was just speculating since I've seen her basically say she's involved and they haven't shown any hint of what she could be doing. I wouldn't be surprised if she appears as Tasha somehow but I just can't help feeling they'll shove Sela in somehow.

I'm also thrilled Crusher is finally getting the focus she deserves. She was also completely underutilised in the movies and it's never made any sense to me that she wasn't there when Picard needed help these past two series.

I also saw people mention that that looks Thomas Dekker for a moment or two in the trailer. It might just be a coincidence but if not, that could be an interesting callback to Star Trek: Generations since he played Picard's son in that dream sequence.

Forgot to mention it before, but the "We're All Gonna Die" from Riker got a good laugh out of me. As great as it will be to see Geordi's kids, I hope we also get another appearance from Riker and Deanna's daughter because I thought that actress was such a gem and a really good fit.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Rumours and basically confirmation of what this "life changing" event is for Picard and Crusher is out there if you just look but I think what he says here is interesting about how it might go down. If the rumours are true, I'm interested to see how it all plays out. 

Some more mild spoilers and interviews as the cast kicks off promo for the show-

• Members

I guess I'll drag my way through S2, though I hear it's not great. I love SNW and LD and I think DSC has improved a lot, though it's still very up and down for me. I am excited about S3 of Picard.

Are we thinking Wesley here @AdelaideCate007? I always wondered if they meant to imply that in the original show. I am over the moon that the new season apparently intends to focus on Picard and Beverly's relationship, which was too often dropped in the TNG era bc of non-serialized story mandates (despite a plan to potentially marry them off in the final season).

This is classic Marina. She's such a pistol.

Edited by Vee

• Members

@Vee I think they're implying that it's that 

Please register in order to view this content

I had to drag my way through series 2 too, but very much looking forward to series 3. Stranger New Worlds though is also my favourite of the new Trek shows, although I've been liking Lower Decks too. The DS9 episode was really well done.

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• Members

I don't think there's a rule here at SON about Trek spoilers?

But for *me* personally, I like to be spoiled with soaps
and UNSPOILED with Star Trek stuff.  But that's just me.

Sometimes I glance at a season trailer (and sometimes I post one)  but I try not to learn too much about upcoming storylines. I guess I'm not strict with myself.

I appreciate the spoiler tags, so THANK YOU.    I will also try not to read this thread much, in case anyone happens to post a spoiler.

Edited by janea4old

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Oh wait. this was just released a few minutes ago...
Nobody/nothing is what it appears.  hmmm
NEW - another Picard Season 3 trailer just released today Sunday Jan. 29, 2023

Same trailer on youtube if you want higher definition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw0pg11OzCQ
That's on a CBSParamount YT which might be geo-blocked, so you you might need a VPN to watch the youtube from outside USA.

Update: Here's the full video, with optional subtitles (viewable worldwide):
https://www.startrek.com/videos/star-trek-picard-season-3-official-trailer

Edited by janea4old

• Members

RIP Annie Wersching, she passed away today January 29, 2023 from cancer at age 45.
She played the Borg Queen for Star Trek Picard.
She also appeared in one episode of Star Trek Enterprise as a different character, who was a young woman colonist.
She was known for many other memorable roles on TV shows.

https://www.startrek.com/news/remembering-annie-wersching-1977-2023

This is/was her pinned tweet, so sad, so beautiful: