• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, these are only the first returns confirmations at the moment, but I'd be very surprised if she and the rest don't either in the first season or the second (it's planned to run three years). LeVar Burton said recently he was fairly sure he would at some point.

I always wanted Picard and Crusher to get together properly. I know the producers nixed it in the final seasons of TNG, and there was an inexplicable push to pair him off with new women in the films (though they sadly nixed his kiss with Alfre Woodard in First Contact - they were great together). In the TNG books they married and had a son. I hope there is a nod to their relationship, as in the series finale it was said they married (and divorced) in a possible future. 

Edited by Vee

• Members

I grew up watching TNG every week so that trailer and news has really took me back. Awesome trailer. 

I don't know anything, but I assume at least Dr. Crusher will make appearances in the first series. Vee is right that they're married with a child in the books and possibly the comics that are going on right now too? I'm not sure. (I'm pretty sure they're married in that MMO Star Trek Online game that is ongoing too). I'd guess it's more of a case of them holding off on announcing everything at once and them wanting to have some surprises.

With that being said, I have a feeling they're going to slowly share news up to the premiere and they wanted to show off Seven of Nine and Data, which is why they used them in the trailer. I'm a little surprised they went ahead and announced Troi and Riker too, unless they felt it might be too much to try and hide if they're appearing in a lot of the episodes (I know they didn't say how many, but I got the vibe that them, Data, and Seven of Nine are in a fair amount). Plus, I think someone spotted them together onset and took a photo that they tried to brush off as her visiting the set while he was directing but it was obviously what was going on. I wonder how much of their story- if any-  from the books they'll keep. 

Geordi and Worf, I can them holding off with until the second series, but I'm sure they'll appear too at some point. I think the urge to get all of them back together will be to much too resist. I could see them bringing on Kate Mulgrew for an episode or two as well.

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Some sleuths on Reddit and Twitter found this about someone that is more than likely making an appearance:

https://twitter.com/AleSTrek/status/1170840036385972226

https://twitter.com/AleSTrek/status/1171126170789842944

(for those who can't read Spanish, some of the main and returning cast that filmed on the last day of shooting signed a card for the crew and people have basically matched one of the signatures to Michael Dorn. That goes along with someone letting it slip during an interview a few weeks ago that he'd been on set.)

Also, the same people have been snooping on the IMDB page, and found some interesting names/characters have popped up on the cast list:

-Graham Shiels as Tal Shiar agent (Tal Shiar is the Romulan intelligence agency)

-Barbara Eve Harris (from basically every show under the sun) as Captain Emily Bosch

-Lulu Wilson (from Annabelle and The Haunting of Hill House) as Kestra (which given her age and the fact that Kestra was Troi's dead sister's name, she's probably Riker and Troi's daughter)

Chelsea Harris doesn't have a character name yet but looks like she's playing a Trill who is involved with the main girl Picard is helping. There are also several younger versions of Picard's new crew so they're presumably doing some flashbacks to fill in the gaps for some of their backstories.

Edited by AdelaideCate007