B&B August 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wasn’t funny. Worst cake catfight in history. If that was real cake, it was the wrong kind of cake, the dialogue was weak, the direction was bad, and both actresses played it as if they’d done it too many times.

The scenes afterward were also awful. Liam smiling about it? Everyone acting as if it was no big deal? UGH.

• Members

Nothing says Female Empowerment more than two supposedly intelligent, educated and successful Grandmothers throwing food at each other over a man. Somebody please get Brad (and the other soap scribes) a Netflix subscription so they could binge shows like Reign, The 100, Nikita, etc. to learn that woman can be portrayed as smart, strong, warm and loving.  While Steffy stepping forward on her own is remarkable, we all know it won't last. 

• Members

We know the soaps won’t be passing any Bechdel tests anytime soon.

That cake fight totally wasted HT and KKL, who had done so fierce, feisty work together just a couple episodes ago. I know they were going for comedy, but it was so poorly staged and timed.

The dialogue was 

Please register in order to view this content

. B&B has the best and the worst dialogue writers in all of daytime (all four shows lol).

• Members

The last couple of episodes were horribly written.  The speeches and dialogue were awful.  And there were way too many moments that made me felt "Why didn't they play this another way."  One of the things I wished happened after the cake fight was that Brooke and Taylor would have a moment after being publicly humiliated where they would maybe see how ridiculous this was, laugh about it, put the past in the past and agree to butt out of their daughter's lives.  Heck, maybe they could have become friends.  Maybe that's asking for too much.  I would enjoy a good story with them as rivals, but It's not like they're going to write them their own story anyway, so why not have two women on the show actually be friends and not bitter enemies fighting over the same man?

As for the pathetic excuse of a food fight, I wonder if the reason they have such crappy "catfights" nowadays is because they can't afford a stunt coordinator or to do anything where there would be a liability issue?  Hell, even Mush Mouth's dance routines seem to be played on the safe side (meaning they are crap) despite the actress actually being a professional dancer.

You posted this just as I was typing my reply.  I totally agree.

• Members

Brooke and her daughter are so much alike. They are so needy and need a man to survive. I still can't believe all these females including Taylor are fighting over who gets the sap loser that is Liam as their son in law.....ridiculous! Both mothers should be pushing their daughters away from him. There are a million men in LA better than Liam. 

Bradley Bell making Liam this leading man that women are dropping to their feet to worship him is downright laughable. 

And the wedding and the cake fight was bland at best. 

• Members

I actually enjoyed the cakefight more than I have anything in awhile on this show. I laughed harder than I have in a long time probably because I was just happy to not be bored out of my mind after the first couple mindnumbing days of the wedding. HT needs to be brought back fulltime ASAP. Brooke finally had a purpose again recently with her back. And the show has been too weighed down with the Brooke/Hope double team on Steffy so Taylor balances that out. That being said overall it was the worst soap wedding I've seen in a long time. The groom was engaged to his other baby mama just a few weeks ago and has a newborn with her yet everyone including Steffy's grandfather who is no relation to Liam or Hope praised them as the second coming pretty much. I have to believe all this praise of their great wuv means a huge fall is coming mostly for Hope. They keep saying she'd never betray Liam like Steffy did and he can trust her and a couple characters have recently said she's just like her mother so I hope she proves them right and for once does something interesting.

Archived